September 25, 2012
Hublot To Unveil Limited Edition King Power “305” Timepiece Dedicated To City Of Miami
Luxury Swiss watchmaker, Hublot, is to unveil its new limited edition Hublot King Power “305 timepiece on 26 September, in tribute to the USA’s Magic City – Miami.
The introduction and unveiling of Hublot’s newest masterpiece of technology, art and fusion will be experienced by Miami’s top influencers, celebrities, special Hublot clients and select members of the media.
Engraved with the number “305″, the city’s famous area code, and sporting white and ocean blue to evoke the sand and sea of South Florida, the King Power Miami “305” is a special edition limited to just 50 pieces, specially developed to honour “The Gateway to the Americas”.
This 48 mm-diameter watch, made from King Gold (18 carat gold with 5% platinum which lends it its distinctive red colour) is equipped with a HUB4214 mechanical self-winding skeleton chronograph movement, formed of 257 components, which oscillates at a frequency of 28,800 vibrations/hours and boasts a power reserve of approximately 42 hours. The watch’s solid case-back, also in King Gold, is engraved with a view of Miami Downtown and, of course, the number “305”.
The blue Hornback alligator strap, stitched onto white rubber, completes the watch, which is water-resistant to 100 metres. A version set with 374 white diamonds, totalling approximately 3.34 carats, is also available in an extremely restricted run of 10 pieces.
King Power “305” timepiece specification highlights
- References: 710.OE.2189.HR.MIA12 (limited to only 50 pieces)
- Diamond-set version 710.OE.2189.HR.1704.MIA12 (limited to only 10 pieces)
- Cases King Power 48 mm, satin-finished King Gold
- Diamond-set version: King Power 48 mm, King Gold, set with 248 white diamonds (2.05cts)
- Bezels: Satin-finished King Gold, overmoulded white rubber. 6 H-shaped titanium screws.
- Diamond-set version: King Gold set with 126 white diamonds (approximately 1.29 ct) overmoulded white rubber. 6 H-shaped titanium screws
- Crystal: Sapphire with white Hublot logo with black stripe. Interior/exterior anti-reflective coating
- Bezel lug: White composite resin
- Lateral inserts: White composite resin
- Case-back: Solid King Gold case-back, featuring the engraving: Downtown Miami, area 305.
- Crown: King Gold with white rubber insert
- Push-pieces: King Gold with white rubber insert
- Water resistance: 10 ATM or approximately 100 metres
- Dial: Skeleton with white plate and blue flange White minute track and gold-coloured numerals Satin-finished 5N gold-plated indexes with blue SuperLuminova™
- Hands: Satin-finished 5N gold-plated, with blue SuperLuminova™
- Movement: HUB4214 – Skeleton chronograph. Mechanical self-winding
- Date: Sapphire disc, window at 4:30
- Oscillating weight: Black galvanic coating, with tungsten carbide heavy metal segment
- Components: 257
- Jewels: 27
- Frequency: 4 Hz (28,800 Vib/h)
- Power reserve: Approximately 42 hours
- Strap: Adjustable white rubber and blue “Hornback” crocodile, white stitching
- Clasp: King Power folding buckle in PVD titanium, cap in satin-finished King Gold, decorative plate in satin-finished King Gold, black ink engraving and 5N Gold screws.