October 12, 2012
The Celsius X VI II LeDix Furtif Cellphone - The first mechanical mobile phone with a flying Tourbillon.
Celsius X VI II raises the cellphone to the rank of objet d’art. LeDix Furtif, the first mechanical mobile phone with a flying tourbillon and the brand’s signature ‘Remontage Papillon’ winding system, further enhances the technical and aesthetic feat already achieved.
Micromechanics draws inspiration from the technology used in stealth planes such as the B2 or F117. LeDix Furtif is the first cellphone with an all carbon-fibre structure. Sturdy but light, virile and yet discreet with its monochrome look, it is subtly imbued with a sense of energy and power.
With each opening and closing of the phone, the ‘Remontage Papillon’ makes that unmistakable mechanical clicking sound expressing the energy the user is supplying to the watch mechanism. At its heart glides another technical instrument – the world’s most off-centred flying tourbillon. In an ultimate reference to its namesake military aircraft, it is swept over by a squadron of gold, platinum or aluminium inserts.
Available in three 8-piece limited editions with pink gold, platinum or black-toned inserts.
Celsius X VI II LeDix Furtif Cellphone specifications:
- Movement: Hand-wound, ‘Remontage Papillon” hinge, 330 parts, 21,600 vib/h, 100-hour power reserve, off-centre flying tourbillon mounted on shock-absorbers
- Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds, and power-reserve indicator
- Case: Clamshell phone, 49 mm Carbon fibre structure with polished, satin-brushed, shotblasted and “Clous de Paris” hobnail finishes
- Dial: Satin-brushed with black gold finish, Power-reserve indicator over a 200° sweep, Three-dimensional hour-markers at 12, 3 and 9 o’clock, 5 to 8 o’clock opening revealing the bridges and gear trains
- Other versions “Le Holster”: hand-sewn leather, “LeKit” mechanical hands-free kit in leather and polished/satin-brushed metal, “LaBase”: docking station in wood, leather and polished or satin-brushed leather exterior, “LaChaîne”: chain composed of mechanical parts, belt-attached
© 2012, Luxurious Magazine®. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from Luxurious Magazine® is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Luxurious Magazine® with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.. All rights reserved.