To celebrate being the Official Hotel Partner for the EE British Academy Film Awards, The Savoy, a Fairmont Managed Hotel, has created a brand new Afternoon Tea menu just in time for awards season.
Officially launching on Monday 6th February 2017, the Silver Screen Afternoon Tea will boast delicious new pastries and celluloid-inspired creations that shine with flashbulb popping star quality.
The Silver Screen Afternoon Tea will be served in The Savoy’s Thames Foyer, an enchanting space that radiates natural light and sociable warmth. Since opening in 1889, The Savoy has played host to a galaxy of stars from stage and screen including Katherine Hepburn, Charlie Chaplin and Marilyn Monroe. These guests form the inspiration for A Time Reflection, a collection of McAlphine Miller artwork the permanently adorns the walls of Thames Foyer and which provides the perfect backdrop to the Silver Screen Afternoon Tea.
Created by The Savoy’s Executive Pastry Chef, Ludwig Hely, and this team the Silver Screen Afternoon Tea menu, priced from £52.50, featured a range of cakes, sandwiches and pastries inspired movies that have been nominated this year.
The Silver Screen Afternoon Tea Menu
- Scottish smoked salmon | lemon infused crème fraîche | watercress | Norfolk crunch
- Roast beef Sirlon| tarragon crème| brown bread
- Coronation chicken | olive bread
- Classic egg salad | mustard cress| white bread
- Mozzerella| Tomato | basil | balsamic glaze | herb & spinach bread
Freshly baked raisin & plain scones
- Cornish clotted cream | homemade lemon curd | strawberry preserve
Delicate Afternoon Tea Pastries
- Fantastic Beasts: A dark chocolate sponge with soft caramel and salted caramel mousse, hiding bowtruckle
- Captain Fantastic: Sweet tart shell filled with wild berry compote and Chantilly, topped with honey drizzled fresh raspberries
- Moonlight: Take on the traditional opera with a blackcurrant mousse and milk chocolate ganache, between layers of flourless sponge
- Jackie: Pink macaroons shells encrusted with almond dragées and garnished with vanilla cream
- Another Day of Sun: Éclair filled with tropical fruit crémeux, dipped in icing and decorated with a coconut marshmallow
Thames Foyer signature cakes
- Madeira cake
- Apple & cinnamon cake