The new limited edition Abarth 695 Maserati Edition will cost £32,000 (OTR) when it goes on sale in the UK at the end of this year, the high performance brand has just announced.
A set of stunning Tramontano leather luggage is among the exclusive convertible’s long list of standard equipment. Just 499 of the 180bhp 1.4-litre turbocharged superminis will be produced. It follows the hugely successful Abarth 695 Tributo Ferrari project of three years ago – but this time the collaboration with a sporting legend has resulted in a limited edition epitomising the elegance and comfort of a Gran Turismo with the handling of a car fit to take on the road every day.
The Abarth 695 Maserati Edition (Edizione Maserati) features exclusive style details and special technical features developed by Abarth engineers for Maserati. The 1.4 Turbo T-Jet 16v engine is linked to an electrically-operated manual Abarth Competizione gearbox with steering wheel controls, while performance tyres on 17-inch Maserati-inspired Neptune design alloy wheels also improve acceleration. The chassis has also been engineered to cope with the extra power.
Front brakes feature Brembo monobloc callipers with floating 305mm discs while special Koni shock absorbers guarantee high performance in complete safety. A variable back-pressure ‘dual mode’ exhaust improves engine performance and delivers an inspiring sound above 3,000 rpm. The car is finished in Pontevecchio Bordeaux – a colour from Maserati which is achieved with special three-layer paintwork to reflect light and accentuate its shine. The same paintwork is added to the door mirrors while the electrically controlled soft top is made of grey fabric.
Inside, the seats are upholstered in sand beige leather, with a 695 logo embossed on the headrests. The dashboard and gearbox trim are distinguished by a special matt-finish carbon lining, further enhanced with the 695 logo, while the door panels and rear panels undergo a special UV-LUX treatment, to give an elegant grey ‘flocking’ effect.
The black leather steering wheel is characterised by beige leather inserts and tricolour hub and houses the steering wheel gearbox controls, while the instrument panel has been specifically produced by the Jaeger brand. Other details include the aluminium pedal unit and sill plates, the carbon fibre kick plate with customised Abarth 695 Maserati Edition graphics, and a plate with the car’s series number from 1 to 499.
Arbath 695 Maserati Edition Specifications:
- ENGINE: 4 cylinder in line, 4 valves per cylinder, 1368cc, Power: 180bhp (132 kW) at 5500rpm, Maximum torque 250 Nm in sport mode at 3000rpm, Supercharged with Garrett 1446 turbo
- TRANSMISSION: Abarth Competizione gearbox with 5 speeds, C510 gearbox family with gear paddles on the steering wheel
- SUSPENSION: Front Abarth Koni shock absorbers with FSD valves, Rear Abarth Koni shock absorbers with FSD valves, Lowered ride
- STEERING: Electric power steering with sport mode
- BRAKES: Floating, perforated and self-ventilating front discs ø 305mm × 28mm, Ventilated rear discs ø 264mm × 22mm, TTC – Torque Transfer Control
- WHEELS: Neptune Design 7×17″ alloy wheels Tyres: 205/40 R17″
- EMISSIONS: Euro 5 EEC-F5 Standard
- CO2 EMISSIONS: 151 g/km
- FUEL CONSUMPTION: Urban consumption (mpg): 33.6, Combined consumption (mpg): 43.4, Extra-urban consumption (mpg): 52.3
- PERFORMANCE: Max speed >140mph. Acceleration 0–62mph: <7 secs