If you are lucky enough to be the proud owner of a watch with a Perpetual Calendar complication, you also know that if you need to change any of the settings of your watch for whatever reason, this is a difficult and long process, and sometimes can even only be done in a watch ateliers. Wouldn’t it be nice if we could simplify this high end complication to its essence, so whenever you need to change any setting, you can do this with a simple push and turn of the crown?
The Ateliers deMonaco Quantieme in-house team of experts developed and patented the Perpetual Calendar with EaZy adjust system. What this means is that with one simple push on the crown you can change the function between time – date – day – week- month and year, and if you have found the mode you want to change, simply turn the crown and adjust. This innovation will make something very cumbersome, very manageable for even the most technically challenged – ‘EZ’ easy! The QP-EZ will be made in a limited edition of only 88 pieces, and will be made available in Titanium, 18K Rose- and Whitegold.
Before the engineers and watchmakers at Ateliers deMonaco started the construction of the mechanism of the QP-EZ the asked themselves a question: “What is it that we can improve in the classic Perpetual Calendar mechanism that has been used by other brand for decades?”
The engineers and watchmakers came up with the following 5 point of improvements:
To be able to have an easy to read perpetual calendar, Ateliers deMonaco uses big windows Rather than hands.
Tolerances between –1 and 4 seconds/day, made also possible by silicium escape wheel .
Safety system to avoid any damage to the calendar mechanism when changing the functions. Even at midnight there is no risk of damaging the mechanism. And a safety system to avoid damage of calendar mechanism when turning the hands counterclockwise.
Between 2 minutes before and two minutes after midnight all the functions will change at the same time instantaneously.
5. EaZy to adjust
With the patented EaZy to adjust system it is possible to choose a mode by pulling the crown to the 2nd position and turning clockwise. By pressing the pusher inside the crown the calendar functions can be changed easily and quickly.
The goal of Ateliers deMonaco was to make the most Readable, Precise, Reliable and easy to adjust perpetual calender ever made! this they believe has been achieved with the Ateliers deMonaco Quantieme Perpetual watch
Ateliers deMonaco Quantieme Perpetual watch movement
Quantieme Perpetual EZ Adjust
– Instantaneous perpetual calendar
– Patented Easy to adjust correction system
– Safety system for turning back the hands
– Automatic bi-directional winding
– Curved chamfered and hand guilloche decoration on bridges
– Hand engraved bi-colored solid gold 18K rotor
– Silicium escape wheel
– Frequency 28800 beats/hour (4 Hrz)
– Hour, Minutes, Big date, Day, Month, Week, Leap year,
– Retrograde EaZy Adjust function at 6 o’clock
– All functions can be adjusted by the crown (Mono Pousoir)
– Diameter 43 MM
– Height 13.1 MM
– 31 parts overall
– Ultra light Titanium core
– Curved shaped 18K gold side panels
– Brushed, polished and assembled by hand
– See through case back
– Front and back sapphire crystal
– Multi-layered anti-reflection coating on sapphire crystal
– Hand engraved case back, secured with 4 gold screws
– Water resistant up to 3 ATM
– Multy layer Titanium-tinted dial
– Deep sunray pattern engraving on base
– deMonaco formed index markers on hour-ring
– Applied hour index ring
– 18K white gold hands
– Ateliers deMonaco personalized hand stitched alligator strap
– 18K gold folding buckle, adjustable
– Folding clasp lock finished with curved chamfered edges engraved Ateliers deMonaco
Ateliers deMonaco Quantieme Editions
– Limited to 88 pieces
– Available in Titanium, 18K Rose- and Whitegold
Retail price of the Ateliers deMonaco Quantieme Perpetual watch € 26.800