The Backes & Strauss Diamond Jubilee Regent watch collection will be available from the 2nd June 2012.
Backes & Strauss London, the oldest diamond company, since 1789, create luxury diamond watches. London based, Swiss made with English heritage and history, inspired by London’s Regency period and the designs of the Prince Regent’s architect John Nash with the style and wit of Beau Brummell. Three core collections are at the heart of Backes & Strauss; Berkeley, Piccadilly and Regent.
This Limited Edition Collection will have only 60 pieces crafted. Diamonds of the finest quality are hand set into 18kt white gold, and the side of each case is engraved “1952-2012”. The back of this piece is open and through the sapphire glass you will see the decorated movement, the back is engraved “Queen’s Diamond Jubilee” with a year from HM’s reign as the serial number.
Backes & Strauss has kindly been granted permission by the Lord Chamberlain’s Office in Buckingham Palace to use her Majesty’s Royal Cypher in the design of this unique and historical watch collection. One or two rows of diamonds surround the Royal purple dial base of lacquered English roses, set with the Royal Cypher and diamond set Roman numerals – LX (60) in diamonds at 12 O’Clock. The first recorded use of royal purple as a colour name in English was in 1661. The royal purple alligator skin strap is completed with an 18kt white gold ardillon diamond set buckle.
Backes & Strauss’ signature is one ideal cut diamond hand set into the crown; The Jewel in the Crown. As with all Backes & Strauss pieces only the best diamonds are used, Ideal Cut Round Brilliant, Colour Collection (F+) and Clarity: Clean (Flawless/VVS+).
These simple yet elaborate details crafted by Masters of light and time make a Backes & Strauss timepiece quite unique.
The Diamond Jubilee Regent Collection – Technical Information
- Sizes: 4047 Ø & 3238 Ø
- Movement: Automatic decorated movement rotor with platinum segment
- Display: Hours, minutes and seconds.
- Case: 18kt White Gold hand set with one or two rows of ideal cut round brilliant diamonds Open back of sapphire glass, engraved “Queen’s Diamond Jubliee”. Side of each case will be engraved “1952-2012”
- Each piece will have a year from HM’s reign as the serial number engraved on the back. Crown: One ideal cut round diamond “The Jewel in the Crown”
- Dial: Royal Purple base of lacquered English roses set with Royal Cypher Diamond set numerals, LX (60) at 12 O’clock
- Buckle: 18kt White Gold Ardillon Diamond Set Buckle
Diamond Technical Information
- Cut: Ideal Cut Round Brilliant Colour: Collection (F+) Clarity: Clean (Flawless/VVS+)
- RE4047 D1R: 134 diamonds, 7.99 cts RE4047 D2R: 220 diamonds, 4.89 cts
- RE3238 D1R: 126 diamonds, 4.24 cts RE3238 D2R: 212 diamonds, 2.64 cts