Every era has its particular expression of elegance, from the Regency era Backes & Strauss reveal the very stylish Beau Brummell a Limited Edition from their Regent Collection.
Beau Brummell was an English wit, greatly admired for his fastidious appearance and confident manner. Considered the arbiter of fashion in Regency England he was also a great friend of the Prince Regent, the future King George IV.
A statue of Beau Brummell (7 June 1778 – 30 March 1840) stands on Jermyn Street, the current London home of Backes & Strauss. 347 Ideal-Cut diamonds weighing 5.15 carats are hand set into an elegant titanium case, as strong as steel yet half as light, first discovered in England in 1791. The dial of diamonds, one row perfectly placed in blue surrounding diamond Roman numerals on a linear base.
Brummell and his Regent would approve.
The Beau Brummell – Technical Information
- Size: 40-47mm Ø
- Movement: Mecanical movement with Automatic winding. Rotor with platinum segment.
- Display: Hours, minutes and central seconds. Date between 4 and 5 O’Clock.
- Case: Titanium with 2 rows of 140 Ideal-Cut Round Diamonds weighing 4.40 cts
- Crown: One Ideal-Cut diamond “The Jewel in the Crown” weighing 0.09 carats
- Dial: 206 ldeal-Cut diamonds weighing 0.66 cts.
- Limited Edition of 50 pieces