Acclaimed London based event and dining company The Brewery announces The Retreat, a membership-based hospitality event.
The Retreat will provide a perfect base for visitors wanting to avoid the crowds and congestion during the peak hours of the day during the entirety of the Olympic games (July 27th – August 12th 2012). The Retreat is based at the acclaimed Brewery on Chiswell Street. This historic grade 2 listed building provides an elegant backdrop for The Retreat’s themed areas.
The Retreat will be playing all Olympic events on 14+ big screen TVs in each of their themed areas while also offering interactive activities and experiences. Later in the afternoon guests will be treated to live music and entertainment with presenters and personalities to engage the club’s members. Breakfast and lunch will be offered for Retreat members who would like to stop by on their way to the office or on their lunch break and watch their chosen event.
The retreat will cater for:
- Visitors to London for the Olympic Games, appealing equally to both ticket holders and those visiting to soak up the electric atmosphere.
- City people working throughout the period looking to keep closely in touch with Olympics events.
- City institutions looking to reward loyal colleagues for working through the period.
- Corporates looking for an exclusive venue to entertain their clients in the heart of the City of London during the period of the Olympic Games.
The venue will be split into six distinctly different areas each celebrating the Best in British. The Park, a picnic area in The Brewery’s historic Courtyard; The Great British Diner, a diner with traditional American charm and an English makeover featuring a luxury high tea and other food events; Mo*Vida will occupy The Club where some of the world’s best DJ’s will be playing well into the early hours; The Cinema, a custom-built theatre showing the Olympic games and classic British films; The Country Club, a traditional English club with interactive simulators and other amusements; and The Backstage Theatre, an area where guests can relax and enjoy massages, manicures and a variety of treatments sponsored by WATC (We Are the City) and Citypoint Spa.
Alongside these extravagant additions there will be the usual mix of premium brand beverages and food, prepared by international executive chef Tom Gore, accompanied by a whole host of entertainment throughout the fortnight.
Access to The Retreat is membership based, with several membership options available including a daily membership for guests who want to come on a specific day, evening membership, or a full 17-day membership (season members). Season memberships are transferable allowing members to share their access with colleagues or friends. Only one person per membership will be allowed into The Retreat at any one time.
The Retreat Membership includes:
- Unrestricted access to all areas of The Retreat (except private branded spaces) on a hop-on hop-off basis. Members can enter and leave The
- Retreat daily as many times as suits their needs.
- Olympic action on big screens
- Unlimited fine food and drinks
- Pampering area for massages, manicures, and treatments
- Interactive experience and activities
- Daytime Country Club lounge
- Historic courtyard with sponsored areas
- Evening entertainment with presenters, personalities, music and bands
- Nightclub until 2 a.m. with music and dancing
- Unrestricted Wi-Fi
- Secure luggage storage
The Retreat Membership costs are as follows, 17-Day Membership: $4,650 (GBP3000); Day Membership: $456 (GBP294); and Evening Membership: $236 (GBP150).