The concept of self-love is one we seem to be hearing more and more about these days and it is one of the things we should all be practising more.
Our modern society consistently forces us to compare ourselves to others. We seem obligated to strive for perfection while maintaining an optimum work-life-social balance. Perhaps this is why so many of us forget to take time out for ourselves and give ourselves the self-love we deserve?
Okay, it’s natural for us to worry about other things – our families, finance, careers and relationships – but how can we expect ourselves to tackle what life throws at us if we don’t build ourselves up to do it?
Specialist retreats are a great way to restore the equilibrium, and one company designed to help us do this is Move with Us retreats. The company founded by Rob Hanrahan prides itself in providing experiences for both mind and your body. These enable a transformation of perspectives and at the same time give incredible adventures in beautiful surroundings.
We wanted to put them to the test and asked for five simple tips which could help anyone wanting a bit more self-love.
- Surround yourself with the things and people you love – it might be a good chat with your best friend, a long cuddle with a pet or even just losing yourself in a good book. It is essential for your wellbeing to spend time around the things that make you happy at least once a week. No matter how busy your schedule gets, take time out.
- Be kind to your body – achieving physical wellness can often feel a little overwhelming when balancing diet and exercise is easier said than done. Simplify things for yourself and take tiny steps – aim to drink more water, pick up a weekly yoga class or swap the takeaway for a healthier home-cooked meal. The small changes we make can add up to making a huge difference.
- Practice mindfulness – we may think mindfulness and meditation mean long hours sitting eyes-closed and cross-legged on the floor, but it doesn’t have to be. Simply taking 10 minutes to think of ten positive things about yourself while you’re in the shower or doing your hair can be a great boost towards loving yourself and all your amazing qualities.
- Stop comparing – stop thinking the grass is always greener. Remember that we are all on our own journey, and while other people’s achievements may look more impressive, your own accomplishments deserve just as much recognition, so celebrate them!
- Book yourself on a retreat – a wellness-focused holiday is a great way to escape the pressures of everyday life and focus on no one else but yourself. Reacquaint yourself with your mind and body, relax in beautiful surroundings and remind yourself why you deserve it.
About Move with Us Retreats
Move with Us Retreats has a holistic approach to wellness retreats aims to reset your mental habits, nervous system and thought processes to leave you feeling more confident about yourself, emotionally, and physically stronger.
Meditations in the desert; relaxing escapes in the ice caves of Austria – their wellness escapes are unexpected and hand-picked, giving you the space to connect with yourself and your environment. You can get more information by visiting www.MoveWithUsRetreats.com.
For more articles on wellness and places to discover some self-love, visit our dedicated section here.