German tuner Gemballa has unveiled their new GT aerodynamic and technology package for the Porsche 991 Carrera S Convertible, a sports car which combines speed and style with an enthralling al fresco driving experience.
The highlight of the latest release is the strongly contoured front bumper, whose three large cooling air intakes and carbon-fibre spoiler lip give this model its more aggressive visage. Along its flanks, the curvaceous lines of the 991 Carrera S Cabriolet are further emphasised by the more heavily contoured side skirts that lead your eyes to the re-shaped rear. Here, the dark painted recess in the bumper, carbon-fibre strip between the lights, diffuser with cutouts for the exhaust pipes, and the Gurney lip spoiler make this Porsche appear even lower and wider.
The dual triple-tailpipe exhaust system with throttle activated sound control takes a leaf from Gemballa’s own history book. This is the 21st Century interpretation of the six-pipe exhaust first seen on the Avalanche, a 1980’s pin-up. Apart from its deeper, more purposeful voice, this exhaust system’s lower backpressure delivers an additional 10 hp. Shorter, uprated sport springs that work with the factory PASM active damping system, drop the ride height by 20mm.
In combination with the 21-inch GForged-one wheels, they give the car its more purposeful stance. Available in “black magic” or “gunmetal” with or without a glossy turned “diamond cut” finish, these ultra-light forged alloys weigh less than the equivalent factory 20-inch wheels, benefiting both the unsprung weight and handling. Prices start at €8,948 incl. VAT for a set of four in Germany, depending on the wheel/tyre combination.
The aerodynamic package is priced from €19,860 (in Germany with VAT) including painting and fitting.
Specification for Porsche 991 Carrera S Convertible GT Package at a glance:
- Engine size: 3,800 cc
- Power: 395 hp (294kW) at 7,400rpm / (405 hp (302 kW) with GEMBALLA sport exhaust system)
- Maximum torque: 440 Nm at 5600rpm
- V Max: 301 km/h
- 0-100 km/h: 4.7 s
- Car body: Aerodynamic package consisting of: front skirt, side skirts, rear skirt with visible carbon-fibre finish and an optional Gurney lip spoiler
- Exhaust system: Ssport exhaust system with valve operated sound control (tailpipes available in 3×2 „black magic“ or 2×2 „chrome“ style)
- Brakes: High performance brake system (by Brembo)
- Wheels: 21-inch GEMBALLA one-piece forged alloy in “black magic” or “gunmetal” finish, optional “diamond cut” style
- Tyre size: (f) 245/30ZR21, (r) 305/25ZR21