Luxurious Magazine friends, Gustafsson and Sjögren have introduced – Winter, the last edition the stunning Nordic Seasons series of wrist watches inspired by the rich contrasts of the Nordic seasons.
The theme for the dial on Winter, the final piece to complete the Nordic Seasons series is Ice. The design of Ice has been perceived as blue when light passes through it because it blocks red light. The shading on the blue dial was determined by the thickness of the ice, i.e. the thicker the ice the more saturated blue colour.
The dial is created in tempered pattern welded steel, also known as damascus steel a technique that Johan and Patrick have become synonymous with. The accute detailing has been hand forged in Johan Gustafsson’s unique Explosion pattern. Patrik Sjögren then works his magic by treating the surface to give it a lustrous ice blue colour that change nuance depending on light conditions, reflections and viewing angles. The contrasting hands in solid white gold against the blue dial make reading time simple unlike many other time pieces that make you work for the most obvious function.
The Nordic Series are the first Gustafsson and Sjögren watches to feature a case in damascus steel and the design is based on the previous Gustafsson and Sjögren cases with a distinct focus highlighting the damascus steel features. One unique feature of the Gustafsson and Sjögren Winter watch is the larger diameter of the case back and bezels, which they’ve used to highlight the curved surface of the damascus steel case core as the steel pattern is mirrored in the highgloss polished finish. The trademark oversize crown has been given a larger diameter than previous Gustafsson and Sjögren models but the height has been reduced to increase overall wearability as the case core is 45mm.
The unique hands used on the Nordic Seasons watch are made in solid gold and have the Gustafsson and Sjögren sword shape that premiered in the Stockholm model. An index ring with markers with similar shapes to match the hands. All hands and index rings are hand finished with polished bevels.
All of the Nordic Seasons wrist watches are equipped with a strap in black soft nubuck as the matte surface of the straps blends well with the damascus steel finish. These Gustafsson and Sjögren straps are handmade and are fastened with screwed lugs and a stainless steel Gustafsson and Sjögren buckle.
Watch series – Gustafsson and Sjögren Nordic Seasons
- Case: Stainless steel and stainless damascus steel 44/45mmx10mm (10ATM)
- Lug width: 22mm
- Glass: Flat sapphire glass with AR coating
- Movement: Swiss manual ETA 6498
- Movement refinement: Refinished and improved to chronometre grade by the swiss company Soprod.
- Dial: Handforged damascus steel
- Index ring/rehaut: Solid gold, shaped and polished by hand
- Hands: Solid gold, shaped and polished by hand
- Crown: 9mm in finegrained stainless damascus stainless steel, double gasket crown inset
- Case finishing: Stainless damascus steel, highgloss polished with GoS logo engraved on case side.
- Strap: Handcrafted strap in soft nubuck leather fitted with GoS stainless steel buckle
Watch Model – Gustafsson and Sjögren Nordic Seasons Winter
- Dial: Handforged explosion damascus steel, tempered to receive an ice blue color.
- Hands: Solid 18K white gold
- Index ring: Solid 18K white gold
- Limited Edition of : 5pcs