In celebration of its 125th anniversary, the iconic Hotel De L’Europe Amsterdam has created what is probably the world’s most luxurious and extravagant hotel stay. It is available to one lucky guest and includes a complete buyout of the five-star, 106-room hotel. In this feature, we take a close look at what the €1.25 million price tag gets you.
There are hotel stays, and then there is this particular stay at the Hotel De L’Europe Amsterdam, which is on an entirely new level. The hotel has launched what is probably the world’s most extravagant hotel stay will only be available to one purchaser. However, the good news is that person can bring with them up to 212 guests for an opulent two-night stay at the hotel with an entire choice of all rooms and suites.
The Hotel De L’Europe has been enticing and wowing discerning guests for well over a century, having first opened its doors in 1896, and since then, it has been dedicated to setting a benchmark for luxury hospitality in Amsterdam.
The hotel has 106 beautifully appointed guest rooms, including 48 suites and a peerless six-bedroom penthouse suite, along with an array of fabulous amenities, including a two Michelin-star restaurant, Flore.
What’s included in the stay:
- Daily, luxurious breakfast for all guests, either in-room or at Brasserie Marie
- Access to the in-house spa, Le Spa by Skins Institute
- Multiple Michelin-starred dinners from Flore, Trattoria Graziella and Freddy’s Bar
- A hosted party for all guests, including entertainment, food and performances throughout the hotel
In addition to the above, the package boasts a collection of unique exclusive experiences, only accessible through De L’Europe’s luxury stay. These experiences are all provided by the hotel’s creative partners, located in Hotel De L’Europe’s creative wing, t’ Huys, where icons of art, style and luxury blend together:
- The opportunity to create a unique Salle Privée fragrance to take home
- An exclusive tulip ring from Bibi van der Velden, which once resided in the Amsterdam Hermitage museum
- A beautiful couture look from RVDK, the world’s first sustainable couture label
- An original artwork collection from The Ravestijn Gallery
- An incredibly rare ‘Ferrari’ collector’s piece, sourced by MENDO
- Valerie van der Werff, the former lifestyle director of Vogue Living, will offer an entire rebrand of the guest’s company, if applicable
- A bottle of rare, old Single Malt Scotch Whisky from Bowmore. (The specific whisky age is chosen according to the guest’s personal taste)
- If the purchaser is female, they will receive five-times entry to the highly exclusive Harper’s Bazaar Business Club, which includes access to five meetings per year, a monthly business newsletter, access to a private LinkedIn group and reduced rate events.
- Complimentary access to Hotel De L’Europe’s in-house spa, Le Spa by Skins Institute, for an entire year
- The guest’s hotel suite will be transformed into a paradise known as the ‘Garden of Eden’ by The Wunderkammer for the duration of their stay
- A private workshop from D/Dock on the ‘Aesthetics of Uncertainty’
- An invitation from the top fashion stylist, Danie Bles to a workshop and lunch for up to 10 guests, including a vintage high-end fashion piece to take home
Commenting on the launch of the package, Robert-Jan Woltering, Managing Director of De L’Europe Amsterdam, said, “At De L’Europe Amsterdam, our aim is to help create stories and lifelong memories with all our guests. We are proud to have been a welcoming destination for elegance and exploration in Amsterdam for over 125 years.
This package is a true celebration of the hotel’s five-star offerings from top-to-bottom, including our signature suites, award-winning culinary offerings, a luxurious spa, ‘t Huys creative experience and much more. Whomever books this package is sure to have an unforgettable story to tell after their stay—and we could not be more excited to welcome them.”
This once-in-a-lifetime hotel stay package is available to be booked until 30 June 2023. For more details and information on how to book, visit www.deleurope.com/offers/1-25-million-experience/.
Read more travel news and reviews here.