Jeff Galvin will be cooking up a storm behind the fires and smokes of his trusty Weber® BBQ on Thursday 8th June as he kicks off the summer season with his inaugural Gourmet BBQ event.
The Michelin-starred chef will bring his fine dining credentials to the flames, creating a special menu in the garden at his renowned Galvin La Chapelle restaurant in Spitalfields.
Commenting on Michelin-inspired BBQ menu, Jeff Galvin said: “BBQ cooking is exciting – there are a wealth of opportunities with the flame and smoking to instil flavour through every layer and texture of the produce. The pairings of flavours can come alive when a BBQ is brought into the process. We’re excited about the special menu on 8th June and the entire BBQ season.”
Jeff Galvin’s Gourmet BBQ is available for lunch and dinner on Thursday 8th June.
- Carpaccio of Yellowfin tuna, smoked aubergine purée £16.50
- Grilled Norfolk asparagus, poached egg & Summer truffle £14.50
- Roast Landes foie gras, grilled Provence peaches £21.50
- Smoked côte de boeuf, mille-feuille potatoes,
- chargrilled artichokes & grelots onions £72.00 for two
- Miso glazed cod, BBQ baked potato mousseline, baby leeks & piquillo dressing £28.00
- BBQ salt-baked celeriac, goat’s curd, grilled celery, balsamic beetroot gel & sorrel £21.50
- Roasted & chargrilled spiced pineapple, coconut sorbet £10.50
- Roast apricots with lavender honey ice cream £8.50
- Grilled Crotin Chavignol, mache salad £9.50
The BBQ event on 8th June will kick off the Galvin BBQ season, which will see Jeff; his Michelin-starred brother Chris; executive head chef Warren Geraghty and their teams take to the BBQs in the gardens of pub deluxe, Galvin HOP in Spitalfields and the Green Man pub in Howe St, Essex.
The Galvin BBQ will be alight every Thursday & Friday evenings and Saturday & Sundays all day, weather permitting. The BBQs at both pubs will be accompanied by a Sipsmith bar serving gin and gin cocktails throughout the summer.
The summer BBQ menus at Galvin HOP will include:
- Galvin Deluxe summer burger
100% beef burger, summer slaw, smoked bacon & heritage tomato
- Chicken and chorizo kebabs
Corn fed chicken breast, piquillo peppers, Spanish chorizo served in pita bread
- Cornish mackerel
Whole, line caught Cornish mackerel. Horseradish and seaweed butter
- Galvin Salsa dog Deluxe
Galvin recipe frankfurter, pineapple and chilli and mint salsa, comte cheese in a potato bun
- Jerk style pork belly
Dingley Dell pork belly rashers marinated in Ibby’s recipe Jerk marinade
- Lamb Leg steaks
Grilled and served with mint yoghurt
To book a table for Jeff Galvin’s Gourmet Barbecue please call 020 7299 0400 or email [email protected].
The Galvin brothers and their chefs will be cooking on the latest Weber Genesis® II and Original Kettle Premium barbecues.