The Linde Werdelin SpidoLite II Titanium Red is number two in a three series family of watches and scheduled for release in December 2012.
The watch will be limited to just 75 pieces, this version contains an attractive red coloured dial with black DLC details. The watch is ideal for high altitude sports with a tough skeletonised titanium case, carefully designed to provide maximum weight reduction. The outer case has an attractive satin finish, the inner case has undergone black DLC treatment, as have the crown and screws on the watch.
In keeping with Linde Werdelin’s unique design, the dial is made from dual skeletonised layers with the Linde Werdelin lower dial carrying the Linde Werelin logo. Red and luminova indexes can be seen on the upper dial, the date function and sub-dial (located at the 9 O’Clock mark). The numerals of the skeletonised black calendar wheel have been amplified, enhancing date readability. The laser-cut date disk blends with the dial and the titanium and satin finish hands. The Linde Werdelin 04, caliber 2251, powers the new SpidoLite II Titanium Red, custom-made by Concepto; independent movement manufacture based in La Chaux de Fonds. The stunning movement can be seen through the dial as well as through the sapphire crystal case-back. On the front and back of the movement has been finished off with a circular perlage with an engraved Spido logo.
The Linde Werdelin icon is evident upon the black rotor. The blued steel screws have been implemented because of their high anti-corrosion properties and to enhance the beauty of the movement. The bluish colouring is created by a slow and cautious heating process.
The Linde Werdelin SpidoLite II Titanium Red comes in a limited series of 75 pieces, the price is CHF 10,700 ex VAT, and is available from December 2012
Linde Werdelin SpidoLite II Titanium Red Specifications:
Numbered Series 75 A
- Case: The watch case is entirely crafted in titanium / Microbillé and satin finish on outer case / DLC treated inner case / Constructed with 19components / 2.2mm anti-reflective sapphire crystal / See-through sapphire crystal in back case / DLC treated screw in crown / Spido icon and sub-dial engravings
- Dimensions: 44mm (w) by 46mm (l) by 15mm (h)
- Dial: Two-part skeletonised red dial / red sub-dial for seconds / Hands: diamond-cut galvanic treated hands
- Movement: LW 04 custom-made mechanical automatic movement by Concepto / Power reserve: 42 hours / Balance frequency: 28800vph, 4Hz / Skeletonised oscillator with ceramic bearings for increased strength/ Strengthened escapement / Spido icon engraved Water Resistance: 100m
- Strap: SpidoLite black textured calfskin strap with red stitching and ardillon buckle, interchangeable within Linde Werdelin’s proprietary strap system.