The new SpidoLite II Titanium Blue presents a chromatic dial and subtle adaptions to further enhance the customer’s experience and accentuate the comfort both for sports activity and leisurely use.
The original skeletonised titanium case construction, produced with weight reduction technology, makes the SpidoLite II Titanium Blue ideal for high altitude sports experience. At 3 o’clock the opening is widened, easing the access to the crown, while at 9 o’clock additional facets have been to enhance the design. All the case facets have been blasted with microbillé treatment.
Lastly the outer case, the bezel and the inner case and certain facets have undergone a special. SpidoLite II Titanium Blue bears a galvanic blue dial with orange details. This particular “electric blue” tone has been achieved uniquely by Linde Werdelin with a bespoke treatment. The dial consists of two skeletonized layers. The lower part carries the Linde Werdelin logo.
The upper dial bears the orange indexes and numerals of the seconds’ sub-dial at 9 o’clock as well as the date function. The numerals of the skeletonised calendar wheel have been amplified, enhancing date readability. The laser-cut date disk blends with the dial and the heat-treated blued steel hands. The SpidoLite II Titanium Blue is powered by the LW 04; caliber 2251, custom-made by Concepto, the independent movement manufacture based in La Chaux de Fonds.
The movement is visible through the dial as well as through the sapphire crystal caseback. On the front and back of the movement it’s finished with a circular perlage and engraved with the Spido logo. The black rotor bears a blue Linde Werdelin icon. All the screws in the movement are blued steel, matching the hands and have been implemented because of their high-corrosion resistance and to enhance the beauty of the movement. The result is achieved with a slow and cautious heating process.
Linde Werdelin has redefined what a sports timepiece can be. In combining mechanical and digital technologies while retaining the integrity of each, Linde Werdelin represents the ultimate sports timepiece for use with intelligent precision instruments to amplify the sporting experience whether high in the mountains or deep in the sea. All Linde Werdelin timepieces are made in Geneva, Switzerland together with the best possible watch and case makers the industry offers. The Linde Werdelin instruments are in-house developed and hand-made on the premises, in Copenhagen, Denmark. Linde Werdelin produces all its timepieces in small limited series with the three launched Oktopus II – Double Date series each consisting of 88 pieces.
SpidoLite II Titanium Blue is available in a limited series of 75 pieces, retailing at CHF 10,400 exclusive of VAT, from December 2012 from any LW authorized retailer in local currency.
SpidoLite II Titanium Blue Technical Specifications
- Numbered Series 75 A
- Case: Entirely crafted in titanium / Number of components: 19 / anti-reflective sapphire crystal / Back case: see-through sapphire crystal, Spido icon and sub-dial engravings / Screw in crown /
- Microbillé satin finish
- Dimensions: 44mm (w) by 46mm (l) by 15mm (h)
- Dial: Two-part skeletonised black dial / orange sub-dial for seconds / Hands: three diamond-cut blued steel hands
- Movement: LW 04 custom-made mechanical automatic movement by Concepto / Power reserve: 42 hours / Balance frequency: 28800vph, 4Hz / Skeletonised oscillator with ceramic bearings
- for increased strength/ Strengthened escapement
- Water Water Resistance: 100 meters
- Strap: SpidoLite black textured calfskin strap with blue stitching and ardillon buckle, interchangeable within LINDE WERDELIN’s proprietary strap system