The venerable Gramercy Park Hotel, a long standing hub for the New York art, culture and fashion scene, is offering the ultimate Frieze Art experience.
Thanks to the vision of iconic artist and filmmaker Julian Schnabel, this unique luxury property boasts one of the best collections of contemporary art in the United States. It seems natural then that Gramercy Park Hotel should partner with the American edition of the annual London Frieze Art Fair, debuting this spring. For three days, from May 4 – 7, New Yorkers and art lovers from the world over will be privy to the works of over 170 progressive international art galleries at Randall’s Island in Manhattan’s East River.
For those visiting the hotel during this period, the “show” begins the moment they step inside. Known for its prized displays, pieces by Andy Warhol, Damien Hirst, Jean-Michel Basquiat and Fernando Botero find pride of place in public spaces. As an offshoot to the fair, Gramercy Park Hotel will unveil a new installation throughout the hotel. Among the highlights are “Hand” by Jean Michel Basquiat and Andy Warhol located in Jade Bar, and two pieces by Richard Prince – “Untitled” from the Re-photographed series and “Untitled” (Oh) 2010. Guests can take advantage of private tours on offer. But the best part of the package is the exclusive access to the Frieze Art Fair Private Viewing on May 3. Begin the private art soiree at the Rose Bar with a VIP reception and savor bites by award-winning Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group, before continuining on to the preview.
They say the early bird bags the best art. Apart from transportation to and from the fair, with its convenient location, Gramercy Park Hotel offers easy access to some of the best contemporary art galleries both downtown and uptown.
The New York Frieze Art Experience includes:
- Accommodation for two people in a luxurious Park View Suite with a panorama over the private Gramercy Park
- Exclusive access to the Frieze Art Fair Private Viewing from 6.30pm on May 3, 2012 for two people (entrance by personal invitation only)
- Complimentary shuttle service with the Frieze Ferry, departing from the 35th Street Port on May 3, 2012
- American breakfast for two at the Gramercy Terrace
- Perrier-Jouet champagne in the room
- Daily art tours through the hotel
- Available for one night from May 3 – 4, 2012