With the 225th Anniversary of Australia Day looming over us (January 26th 2013), luxury watch maker Louis Moinet had revealed a special edition Geograph called the Australian.
Available in a limited edition of just 30 pieces, the Louis Moinet Geograph Australian pays homage to such icons as Captain James Cook, the colouring on the national flag of Australia and the Southern Cross.
The red, white and blue of the dial as well as the star-shaped small seconds hand at 9 o’clock evoke the Australian flag, while six stars engraved on the case-back represent the flag’s Southern Cross constellation.
Engravings of a map and a sailing ship on the lower part of the case-back pay tribute to nautical explorer Captain James Cook, the first European to extensively explore and chart the eastern coastline of Australia.
Louis Moinet creates limited-edition luxury time pieces, taking their lead from the pioneering work by the illustrious 19th century watchmaker of the same name. Louis Moinet’s creations feature cutting-edge technology and high quality materials. Tempograph is the world’s only 10-second retrograde while Astralis features a 24-hour planetarium containing genuine galactic meteorites.
Louis Moinet Geograph: Australian Edition Specifications:
- Features Hours and minutes indicated by central Gouttes de Rosée hands Star-shaped small seconds at 9 o’clock Chronograph central seconds, 30-minute and 12-hour counters Second time zone indicated by serpentine hand Date window at 9 o’clock
- Case Crafted in 316L stainless steel
- Dial Dark blue Côtes du Jura guilloche 24-hour, second-time-zone chapter ring with day (silver) and night (red) night indicators Rhodium-plated hands
- Strap Blue, Louisiana alligator leather with alligator lining, hand-sewn.
- Limited edition 30 pieces