Louis Moinet takes us 20,000 leagues under the sea with the Jules Verne Instrument III, a timepiece that sends us off on a voyage with Captain Nemo.
Jules Verne lived from 1828 – 1905 and was a French author who pioneered the science fiction genre.He is best known for his novels Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea (1870), Journey to the Center of the Earth (1864), and Around the World in Eighty Days (1873). Luxury watch maker Louis Moinet pays homage to this great writer with their latest offerring.
Inventive for the subaquatic-style monopusher and an astonishing function indicator (patent pending) inspired by chadburn ships’ telegraphs. Technological because of its high-precision mechanism featuring ceramic ball bearings that ensure more efficient winding.
Original with its black dial finished with “Côtes du Jura” guilloché, and a gold and titanium case with more than a hint at Nemo’s Nautilus submarine. The monopusher at 2 o’clock also rates high in the originality stakes. A journey into time that fans of Louis Moinet will not want to miss! Proposed as a 365-piece limited series.
Louis Moinet Jules Verne Instrument III chronograph specifications:
- Movement Automatic, calibre LM30, 13¼ lines, 27 jewels, 28,800 vib/h, 48-hour power reserve; “Côtes du Jura” motif, blackened finish, blued steel screws, rotor mounted on ceramic ball bearings
- Functions Hours, minutes, seconds, date, chronograph and “Start-Stop-Reset” indicator
- Case 18k pink gold and grade 5 titanium with black PVD treatment, 45.50 mm, Bezel with 6 hex screws, Two sapphire crystals with anti-reflective coating on both sides, Individual number and Louis Moinet markings engraved on the back, Water-resistant to 100 m / 10 ATM
- Dial Black with “Côtes du Jura” motif, Luminescent hands and hourmarkers (blue and white), Small seconds at 9 o’clock, 30-minute counter at 3 o’clock and central 60-seconds chronograph, “Start-Stop-Reset” indicator at half past 4, operated by the monopusher, Date window at 7 o’clock
- Bracelet/Strap Rubber with folding clasp in grade 5 titanium and stainless steel