The Italian watchmaker, Officine Panerai, has introduced their first combination of a Luminor 1950 case 42 mm in diameter and a white dial.
The timepiece houses an automatic P.9000 calibre movement boasting a power reserve of three days, which has been completely developed and made in the company’s manufacture at Neuchâtel.
The forms of the stainless steel case are those which have made the Luminor an icon of international sports watchmaking, with the lever device protecting the winding crown designed to ensure water-resistance to a depth of 10 atmospheres. The case and the bezel feature a polished finish, in contrast with that of the bridge protecting the winding crown.
The pure white dial of the Luminor Marina 1950 3 Days Automatic model provides maximum clarity and legibility, with large black figures corresponding to the hour markers, the date window at 3 o’clock and the small seconds dial at 9 o’clock, a feature which has been characteristic of Panerai watches for over 70 years. The sapphire crystal back enables the Panerai P.9000 calibre to be admired. This is an automatic movement with a power reserve of three days, two spring barrels and the oscillating weight which rotates in both directions. The time is adjusted using a special system by which the hour hand is moved in jumps of exactly one hour, without interfering with the running of the minute hand.
The Luminor Marina 1950 3 Days Automatic is supplied with a brown alligator strap complete with a brushed steel buckle.
Specification at a glance:
- Movement: Automatic mechanical, Panerai P.9000 calibre, executed entirely by Panerai, 13¾ lignes, 7.9 mm thick, 28 jewels, Glucydur® balance, 28,800 alternations/hour. Incabloc® anti-shock device. Power reserve 3 days, two barrels. 197 components.
- Functions: Hours, minutes, small seconds, date.
- Case: Diameter of 42 mm, AISI 316L polished steel.
- Bezel: Polished steel.
- Back: See-through sapphire crystal.
- Device protecting the crown: (protected as a trademark) Brushed steel.
- Dial: White with Arabic numerals and luminous dots markers. Date at 3 o’clock, seconds at 9 o’clock.
- Crystal: Sapphire, made of corundum, 1.8 mm thick. Anti-reflective coating.
- Water-resistance: 10 bar (~100 metres).
- Strap: Panerai personalised alligator strap and brushed steel buckle.
- Reference: PAM00523.