OMEGA is proud to introduce the Speedmaster Spacemaster Z-33. Inspired by the iconic “Pilot Line” case shape and equipped with a brand new multifunction quartz movement, calibre 5666 has been designed with modern pilots in mind and artfully combines its ancestor’s legendary design with OMEGA’s industry-defining innovation.
The Speedmaster Spacemaster Z-33’s case shape cannot be mistaken for that of any other timepiece and in the tradition of OMEGA’s great pilots’ watches, it separates its day-to-day timekeeping from its professional functions ergonomically, using state-of-the-art technology.
Designed for pilots
Floating above the digital dial is a set of analogue timekeeping hands that are adjusted by the crown at 3 o’clock. Surrounding the watch are four pushers that, along with the crown, allow full control over the array of digital features. For keeping track of the time these include date, UTC and two time zones (in 12 or 24 hour display), an alarm and a perpetual calendar. Elapsed time is measured with a chronograph function and a countdown timer. Alongside these features are self-programmable professional pilot functions to log up to ten flights and visualise those logs with date-hour indications.
High-technology case, dial and hands
Continuing the high technology feel of the watch, the modern-sized case is manufactured from grade 5 titanium, and features brushed, polished and sandblasted highlights, reminiscent of OMEGA’s pilot case design. The caseback features the polished OMEGA Seahorse, the Ω symbol, the word “Speedmaster” and the watch’s serial number. The back is fixed in place with four screws and its “double wall” construction acts as a resonance chamber, thus amplifying the sound of the alarm. The Speedmaster Spacemaster Z-33 is fitted with a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment on both sides to provide a clear view of the display regardless of the conditions. The watch is water resistant to 3 bar / 30 metres / 100 feet.
The Speedmaster Spacemaster Z-33 has a non-reflective matt black dial with white OMEGA name and logo and featuring the words “Spacemaster” and “Z-33” in white. The white indexes are coated with white Super-LumiNova, as are the skeletonised hour and minute hands. The elements coated with Super-LumiNova emit a green glow in low light conditions.
The dial features two large display panels for the digital functions. These screens have black backgrounds with red digital segments and use transreflective LCD technology to provide easy reading in all light conditions.
The new design incorporates skeletonised hands to help the wearer view the digital displays below them. By simply depressing the pusher at the 8 o’clock position, the hands are disengaged to either 3 o’clock or 9 o’clock, allowing the wearer an unobstructed view of the digital information.
On your wrist in the cockpit
The Speedmaster Spacemaster Z-33 is supplied with a black rubber strap with the inscriptions “OMEGA” and “Speedmaster” in red. It is also available on a brown “Soft Touch” leather strap. The black rubber strap features a model-specific Titanium folding clasp (grade 5 for all the visible parts and grade 2 for the moving parts). The brown “Soft Touch” leather strap is secured to the wrist by a standard grade 5 titanium folding clasp (again with grade 2 titanium used for the moving parts of the clasp). Both clasps bear the Omega logo.
The luminosity of the digital displays is automatically regulated by their transreflective technology, which takes into account ambient light, allowing the digital data to be read as easily on night flights as in direct sunlight. This technology also helps conserve battery power. In dark conditions the Super-LumiNova provides a green glow for the analogue time measurement hands allowing them to be distinct enough not to interfere with the digital information.
A very special and highly useful additional detail that underlines the Spacemaster’s professional heritage & distinction is the fact that its digital display can be read under all conditions, even for wearers with polarized glasses.
The watch is delivered in a special presentation box which includes a detailed manual.
Respecting the past, defining the future
The OMEGA Spacemaster Z-33 carries on the traditions of robust reliability and innovation that have always defined OMEGA’s watches. Coupled with specific functions desired by professional pilots, OMEGA’s new thermo-compensated quartz calibre 5666 is particularly dedicated to them, providing them with the combination great accuracy and functionality they need in the cockpit.
With the launch of the Spacemaster Z-33, OMEGA has re-introduced a professional pilots’ watch, combining the legendary look of the past with cutting-edge watchmaking features.
It is sure to be one of the most welcomed and talked-about releases of 2012.
The Omega Speedmaster Spacemaster Z-33 Specifications
– Omega calibre 5666
– Quartz multifunctional chronograph movement
– Jewels: 9
– Battery life: 24 months (EOL)
– Battery type: CR2450N
– Thermo-compensated integrated circuit
Functions and display, with possibility of back-light:
– Hour-Minute-Seconds, analogue and digital display
– Choice between 12- and 24-hour digital display
– UTC (Universal time)
– T ime 1 and 2 (time zones)
– Perpetual calendar (Day-Date-N° of the day of the year-Week-Month-Year) Professional pilot functions:
– T ime-logging of flight / block time (at 2 or 4 points), according to either UT C or Time 1, up to 10 flights
– Visualisation of the logged times with date-hour indications
– T ransflective LCD on black ground with red segments
– LED backlight: luminosity adapted automatically to ambient luminosity
– Possibility to disengage the hands to facilitate digital reading
– Case: grade 5 titanium
– Bracelet: rubber or leather
– Clasp: grade 2 & 5 titanium
– Dimension: 43.00 x 53.00 mm
– Height: 19.85 mm
– Water resistant up to: 3 bar / 30 m / 100 ft
– Brushed-polished case
– Brushed crown-pushers, engraved Ω on crown
– Flat scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment on both sides
– Double back system for alarm function; outer back fixed with 4 screws and stamped with polished Seahorse – Speedmaster
-Black dial with white transferred markings, 2 openings for digital reading; white Super-LumiNova with green emission
– “Spacemaster” and “Z-33” on dial
– Skeletonised black-and-white hour-minute hands; white Super-LumiNova with green emission; black-and-red seconds-hand
– Black rubber strap with OME GA – Speedmaster inscriptions in red rubber or brown leather strap with beige stitches; brushed-polished fold-over clasp, cover and opening pushers in grade 5 titanium, inner folding clasp in grade 2; OMEGA engraved on clasp cover
– Fitting: 21mm on case, 20mm on clasp