Parker Pens have unveiled Craft of Travelling, an exquisitely crafted lapis and gold fountain pen.
Gina Baksa casts an admiring eye over the latest Dufold masterpiece.
Parker Pens are synonymous with quality design and performance, so I’m excited to hear about the launch of one of Parker’s finest limited-edition fountain pens – the unique Craft of Travelling Duofold design.
The design is a homage to the company’s founder George S Parker and his love for world travel. It is a great example of fine penmanship. The design flowing from the cap to the barrel was specifically crafted to celebrate the brand’s 130th anniversary and is limited to just 1300 pieces.
Capturing the essence of exploration, this exclusive Duofold has no less than 22 hand-assembled components. The deep and lustrous blue coloured barrel is intricately laser-engraved with a map of the world, whilst the cap (complete with a 2ct Lapis Lazuli embedded into the tip) is etched with a meridian style design. The 18kt gold bi-colour nib further pays homage to Parker’s wanderlust with a unique compass motif.
An ornate world map has been expertly engraved onto the lustrous blue pen barrel, while the cap features a delicate engraved pattern inspired by the view of the Earth from the Poles – finished with a 2ct Lapis Lazuli stone embedded in the end cap. Etched with a unique compass motif, the 18k gold bi-colour nib glides effortlessly across the page, and feels light yet well-balanced in the hand.
A magnum opus for Parker, The Craft of Travelling is presented in a luxurious gift box styled after a piece of vintage luggage, this wonderful piece of Parker history comes with a certificate of authenticity signed by Geoffrey S Parker, George’s great-grandson, a bottle of black ink, pack of five ink cartridges and an ink converter, making the Duofold The Craft of Travelling pen a limited edition not to miss.
Parker Duofold The Craft of Travelling Pen Key Features
- 18kt bi-colour solid gold medium nib with unique compass design
- Gold-plated cap and clip
- Deep blue coloured barrel finished with lasered gold map lines
- 2ct lapis lazuli embedded in the end cap
- Screw-close cap
- Limited edition of 1300 fountain pens
- Edition number is detailed on the bottom of each pen
- Comes with a black ink bottle, a pack of 5 black ink cartridges, ink converter, a brochure with further information on the Duofold Limited Edition and pen holder
- Made of 22 components assembled by hand
- Certificate of authenticity signed by Geoffrey S. Parker, great-grandson of George S. Parker
- Luxury gift box inspired by vintage luggage
- 2-year manufacturer warranty
Parker Duofold The Craft of Travelling – Where and How
At the time or writing, penheaven.co.uk has one available to purchase for £2,430.