Pukka Herbs, the company probably best known for its range of fine teas that incorporate the best from the organic plant world, has added a new product to its lineup, an Organic Elderberry Syrup blend, which comes just in time for winter.
Plants are well known for being nature’s medicine cabinet. Two people who have unlocked its incredible secrets and benefits are Tim Westwell and Sebastian Pole, the founders of Pukka Herbs. Tim and Sebastian are constantly uncovering tasty ways to bring nature’s healing and health properties to the masses, and their latest product is an organic Elderberry syrup blend.
What’s inside the Pukka Elderberry Syrup Blend?
- Elderberries are well known for their antiviral properties and are packed with antioxidants. Every part of the Elder tree is said to have medicinal properties, and it is considered a medicine chest in its own right.
- Thyme, Ginger, Aniseed, Black Pepper & Liquorice are effective natural expectorants that support the immune system and lungs and warm the throat to shift stubborn catarrh and soothe irritation.
- Acacia Honey is sweet and soothing, with antimicrobial properties to soothe sore throats and coughs.
Pukka’s Elderberry syrup is an organic blend with some standout ingredients, namely Elderberry juice (of course!), Acacia honey, Thyme and Ginger. We believe that Elderberries, in their own right, should be part and parcel of everyone’s diets, particularly when the weather is colder, as they boast antiviral properties and are packed with antioxidants.
Seasonal colds and other associated viruses always seem to rear their ugly heads in winter, which is why Elderberries are so important; they are effective natural expectorants that support the immune system and lungs.
In the right format, e.g., syrup, it can warm the throat, it will help shift stubborn catarrh, and minimise irritation. Thyme, Aniseed & Liquorice all have antimicrobial properties, and adding these to Elderberries creates a solution that can help soothe sore throats and coughs.
Like all of Pukka’s organic plant-based products, this concentrated broad-spectrum syrup contains the best-quality, sustainably cultivated herbs. And what will come as welcome news for families is it is suitable for everyone.
- Adults and children aged 12 or over should take one teaspoon (5ml) up to three times daily away from food.
- Children aged 6-12 years should take ½ teaspoon (2.5ml) up to three times a day without food.
- Children aged 2-5 years should take ¼ (1.25ml) up to 3 times daily away from food.
Pukka Elderberry Syrup is priced at £14.99 and can be purchased from pukkaherbs.com, independent health food stores nationwide and the online retailer Amazon.
Read more health and wellness news and guides here.