This new addition will see the camp enjoy an increase in room inventory and will give clients the desired luxury and comfort they have come to expect from the Serena Hotels group. The new tents are spacious with exquisite design and furnishings complemented by fantastic views of Mount Kenya and the nearby watering hole. All tents come complete with modern amenities including swimming pool, health and beauty services, WIFI connectivity and safe custody.
Named “Morani Wing” after “Morani, the Rhino”, these tents lie on the south-eastern side of the existing camp and will offer a choice of 5 doubles, 4 twins and 2 triple tents with beautiful modern décor that complements the natural tones of the bush.
Sweetwaters Tented Camp is set in a private sanctuary, which is abundant with wildlife and unfettered by the more rigorous strictures of the Kenyan National Park. The camp offers the opportunity to experience an African ecosystem unlike anywhere else. The improvements made to this camp and the upgrade undertaken are in line with Serena Hotels’ policy to continuously evaluate and upgrade the product offering and services for the comfort and benefit of all Serena clients.
Interesting facts about Sweetwaters Tented Camp:
- One of the private game reserves in Kenya, Sweetwaters excels in the provision of privileged seclusion and private game viewing both night and day. – Located just a couple of hours from Nairobi.
- Spend a morning with the Ol Pejeta conservancy predator research team and gain an insight into Africa’s king of the savannah – the Lion. Using specialized tracking devices get up close to these elusive beasts.
- Camel trek through the sanctuary.
- With well over 500 recorded species of bird, Ol Pejeta is an ornithologist’s paradise, join trained naturalists for a spectacular bird watching experience. – A magnificent sanctuary in Kenya where qualified guides will take you on a journey to see the endangered species of Grevy’s Zebra, Jackson’s Hartebeest, Cheetahs, spotted hyenas and not to mention the black and white Rhino.
- Chimpanzee sanctuary, the only one of its kind in Kenya.
- Each tent has a thatched roof, an en suite bathroom and its own veranda with views over the waterhole.
- Beauty, health and massage services available