Showcase Cinemas has introduced a range of health and safety measures across its cinemas to help protect customers and staff from the spread of COVID-19.
Showcase Cinemas, as one of the largest cinema operators in the UK, is taking nationwide steps to provide additional space between guests within all its locations, to keep its cinemas clean and to discourage anyone with health concerns from coming to its cinemas.
The health and safety of staff and guests are of the utmost importance to Showcase Cinemas, and we continue to follow the most up-to-date advice from all specialist parties, including Public Health England, the NHS and the UK Government.
Showcase Cinemas has:
- Reduced audience capacity by 50% in each auditorium to allow for two vacant spaces between each pair of seats
- Instituted and reinforced a COVID-19 (“Coronavirus”) staff education programme
- Provided all cinemas with additional supplies of hand sanitising stations placed at high-traffic areas
- Initiated the cleaning of public surfaces with antiviral cleaner multiple times per day
- Fully briefed and trained staff on all cleaning procedures.
Showcase Cinemas will continue to monitor the situation closely and liaise with relevant authorities, and follow the official guidance from the UK Government.
Showcase has asked all their staff to not come into work if they are showing flu-like symptoms. Similarly, if staff or a guest at the cinema is showing symptoms such as a fever, cough or shortness of breath, they will be respectfully asked to leave.
Read more lifestyle news articles in our dedicated section here.