Audemars Piguet Millenary 4101 watch has been awarded the first prize in the « Prix du Public » category at the 2011 edition of the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie.
In an evening hosted at the glorious settings of the Grand Théâtre de Genève, Audemars Piguet received a distinction on a contemporary piece of its collection and fine example of craftsmanship by extracting the mechanism from the cavity of its case to reveal it in all its splendour from the top of the case.
The Millenary 4101 watch is a masterful creation that not only oozes sophistication and style but also celebrates the ingenuity and craftsmanship of the highly skilled watchmakers in Le Brassus. Calibre 4101, entirely designed, developed and produced in-house, the Millenary 4101 watch was built in such a way that the elements normally concealed on the back are now visible from the front. The regulating organ – composed of the balance, lever and escapement – has been reworked in order to meet this goal. It is located at 9 o’clock and offers a truly eye-catching sight. Its variable-inertia balance asserts a powerful presence with its eight inertia-blocks, its golden colour and the distinctive aesthetic of its cross-through bridge. The discerning eye will even detect the lever and the escape-wheel. Merging functionality and design of the Millenary 4101 watch inside and outside, form a seamless whole that allow its owner to be able to admire the beating movement from the top.
On collecting the prize on behalf of the brand, Mr. Philippe Merk, CEO of Audemars Piguet said, ‘it is my great honour to receive this prize from the Millenary 4101 watch on behalf of Audemars Piguet;’ and continues, `Audemars’ Piguet spirit of independence, excellence and long tradition of meticulous and fine watchmaking are being celebrated. This is an attestation that the brand does not resume with our emblematic Royal Oak but is forever evolving and continues its tradition of excellence. ’
The Audemars Piguet Millenary 4101 watch Technical Specifications
· Stainless steel
· Dimensions (width/length: 47 x 42 mm)
· Thickness: 13 mm
· Sapphire crystal caseback
· Water resistance: 20 m
· Directly fixed to the bridges
· Black and anthracite with applied pink gold Roman numerals
· Pink gold hands
· Proprietary selfwinding Calibre 4101
· Overall dimensions: (width/length: 37.25 x 32.90 mm)
· Casing diameter (width/length: 36.75 x 32 mm)
· Height: 7.46 mm
· 34 jewels
· 253 parts
· Bidirectional winding 22-carat gold oscillating weight mounted on ceramic ball bearings
· 60-hour power reserve
· Frequency: 28’800 vibrations per hour (4 Hz)
· Variable-inertia balance with eight inertia-blocks and Breguet overcoil balance-spring Screw-down mobile balance-spring stud-holder
· Finishing: all parts decorated by hand; mainplate adorned with horizontal Côtes de Genève on the front and circular-grained on the back; bridges rhodiumed, bevelled, snailed and adorned with horizontal and circular Côtes de Genève and with circular graining: diamondpolished jewel sinks; diamond-polished countersinks and bevelled wheel spokes; bevelled screw rims and slots.
· AP monogram as well as Audemars and Piguet family crests engraved on the oscillator
· Hours and minutes
· Small seconds
· Hand-sewn black crocodile leather with large square scales, secured by an AP folding clasp in stainless steel
Further information on the The Audemars Piguet Millenary 4101 watch can be found on the official company website