BMW will expand the 6 Series range to three models in June 2012 with the introduction of the Gran Coupé. BMW’s first four-door coupé combines the elegant and sporty appearance of a classic grand tourer with the space and ease of access of an executive saloon.
A new 450hp V8 heads a range of three TwinPower Turbo engines, which also includes six-cylinder petrol and six-cylinder diesel powerplants. All three engines drive through an eight-speed automatic transmission and come with the full suite of EfficientDynamics technologies, including Auto Start-Stop, ensuring highly responsive performance goes hand-in-hand with low fuel consumption and emissions. Extensive use of aluminium in the body and chassis reduces weight and ensures that the 6 Series Gran Coupé has the agility and precision expected of a BMW.
BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe highlights
- Elegant and sporty classic grand tourer
- Stretched wheelbase improves cabin space
- Third model joins the 6 Series range
- Two petrol and one diesel engine to be offered
- New 450hp twin-turbo V8 heads engine line-up