The Louis Moinet Mecanograph watch reflects the synergy between a manufacture-made chronometer-certified movement and the incomparable design qualities of Louis Moinet.
The balance with screws, the lever and the gear trains are highlighted in an original way that is different on each side of the watch.
The Louis Moinet Mecanograph watch innovates in terms of the technology of self-winding watches, by updating an historical operating system. Within this distinctive and rare mechanism, small and large pawls work together with the automatic winding gear train. In addition to its spectacularly attractive appearance, it offers the advantages of a bidirectional winding system.
High-end mechanism Calibre LM31 was entirely conceived and crafted by Louis Moinet and Concepto. It is composed of 182 different elements and displays chronometer-worthy precision, as is confirmed by its COSC certificate. Nonetheless, its most remarkable characteristic is the way in which it reveals the entire regulating organ, as well as the escapement and its gear train, highlighted by the anthracite coating on the mainplate and bridges. One of the main challenges was to insert the seconds hand within this magnificent mechanical ensemble. This has been done by means of a distinctively shaped applique and a double read-off hand, thereby affording a new vision of time.
Viewed from the back, the balance with screws shows a different and original face compared with the front view. It is fitted within a set of anthracite-coloured bridges adorned with “Côtes du Jura”® and enhanced with 26 jewels made using the Verneuil process and presented through openings, as well as by blued steel screws. To achieve its chronometer-level precision, the manufacture-made movement LM31 vibrates 8 times a second, meaning 28,800 vibrations per hour. It is endowed with a 48-hour power reserve and the rotor is mounted on a high-tech ceramic ball bearing mechanism.
Strong character This exceptional movement asserts its originality through the strong character of its exterior. The external minute track as well as a half-dial adorned with the emblematic “Côtes du Jura”® motif contribute to forging the elegant spirit of this watch with its strong personality. The time is read off on hands designed by Louis Moinet and nicknamed “Gouttes de Rosée”® (for their dewdrop design).
The case on the Louis Moinet Mecanograph watch is made from grade 5 titanium with polished and satin-brushed finishing. Two versions combine 18-carat rose gold and titanium. The design echoes the Louis Moinet signature codes, meaning an upper six-screw bezel and its unique interchangeable crown tube system for which an invention patent has been filed.
The Louis Moinet Mecanograph watch is a unique creation issued in various 365-piece limited editions destined to be worn by devotees of creative horology.
The Louis Moinet Mecanograph watch specfications:
- Case: Original Louis Moinet® design featuring six-screw bezel
- Materials: Grade 5 titanium with polished and matt finishing 5N 18-carat rose gold, polished finishing
- Diameter: 43.50 mm
- Thickness: 15.60 mm
- Water resistance: 50 metres
- Case-back: Equipped with 7 screws Engraved with individual number and Louis Moinet symbols
- Crystals: Two sapphire crystals with anti-glare treatment on both sides
- Crown guard: Patent pending
- Dial: 12 – 6 o’clock : “Côtes du Jura”® design 6 – 12 o’clock : visible mechanism
- Hands: “Gouttes de Rosée”® (dewdrop) design, rhodium or gold-plated
- Strap: Hand-sewn Louisiana alligator leather with alligator leather lining
- Interhorn width: 24 mm
- Buckle: Double folding clasp in grade 5 titanium & 316L stainless steel
- Presentation box: Louis Moinet book, hand-written guarantee
- Limited Editions: LM-31.20.60, 365 watches, Grade 5 titanium, silver dial LM-31.20.50, 365 watches, Grade 5 titanium, black dial LM-31.40.65, 365 watches, Grade 5 titanium & 18-carat rose gold, silver dial LM-31.40.55, 365 watches, Grade 5 titanium & 18-carat rose gold, black dial
- Movement: Mechanical self-winding composed of 182 parts Calibre LM31, developed and manufacture-made by Louis Moinet and Concepto
- Functions: Hours & Minutes Running seconds, suspended at 9 o’clock
- Rotor: Mounted on high-tech ceramic ball bearings featuring a “Côtes du Jura”® design
- Oscillations: 28,800 vph (8 V/S, 8 vibrations per second)
- Frequency: 4 Hz
- Lines: 13 ¼
- Power reserve: 48 hours at maximum wind
- Jewels: 26
- Balance: Glucydur