Cape Town in South Africa is a city of culture, built on a history that is reflected in its architecture, cuisine and setting and is an ideal getaway with family and friends. To seize beautiful memories and be one with nature, Taj Cape Town has designed a package that will showcase the different moods and cultural essence of Cape Town.
Taj recommends the 5 Must Dos in Cape Town, a city rich in its expressions, moods and flavours!
- Table Mountain: In 2011 Table Mountain was named among the 7 New Wonders of Nature. Known for its rich biodiversity, Table Mountain is home to over 1500 species of plants. Established in 1929, the Table Mountain Aerial Cableway takes visitors right to the top in one of two cable cars, each with rotating floors and huge windows to ensure that your views while travelling to the top are almost as spectacular as those from the summit.
- Tour of Cape Peninsula: Guests can drive along the Atlantic seaboard and discover the mystic appeal of the Cape of Good Hope, taking in spectacular sights of ostriches and penguins. This mythical meeting point of the Atlantic Ocean and the Indian Ocean is magnificent experience.
- The Culture Walk: The Culture Walk demystifies Cape Town’s rich culture and local shopping experiences. Taj Cape Town is close to the famous Company Gardens and the Iziko South African Museum, founded in 1825 and taking care of more than 1.5-million items of cultural and scientific significance. Right across Taj Cape Town is Slave Lodge, built to house the slaves who worked in the Gardens.
- The Hop on and Hop off Bus tour: The bus takes you on a trip to the beautiful Constantia valley and vineyards. Enjoy the wine tasting, leisurely walks of the vineyards, visit the historical manor and savour a sumptuous meal at any of the places on the wine farm.
- V&W Waterfront: V&W Waterfront, located in the historic harbour, offers a variety of shops, restaurants, nightclubs, museums for guests to choose from.
Situated at the very center of this culturally diverse and artistically rich city; Taj Cape Town offers a distinctly different experience to both business and pleasure seekers. Located at the lap of everlasting natural beauty, Taj Cape Town stands at the heritage building of the South African Reserve Bank and Temple Chambers (later the Board of Executors) dating back as early as 1896. The hotel offers 177 exquisite rooms extending guests a blend of sophistication and unmatched comfort.
The Moods of Cape Town package not only allows you to experience the city in ways like never before but guests can also indulge in an authentic South African dining experience at Mint, specially crafted by the chefs at Taj Cape Town. The Moods of Cape Town offer starts at ZAR 11,700/Rs. 76,000 onwards on double occupancy with the last night with compliments from the Taj.