English luxury mobile phone manufacturer, Vertu, launches the next generation of its pinnacle high-performance smartphone – New Signature Touch
New Signature Touch is the latest, high-performance smartphone from Vertu, the English manufacturer of luxury mobile phones. The new Signature Touch balances high-performance technology, dedicated services and peerless build quality and materials and boasts Vertu’s most vibrant display ever. This clarity of image is complemented by the extraordinary sound experience featuring Dolby® Digital Plus virtual surround sound.
Encased in handcrafted, fine leather and grade 5 titanium, it is Vertu’s highest ever technical performance smartphone. Android 5.1 Lollipop promises improved speed and clarity and Vertu’s full portfolio of services, which comprise Dedicated Concierge as well as Vertu LIFE and Vertu CERTAINTY packages ensure a seamless user experience.
New Signature Touch has a cleaner, crisper look, with very little interfering with its geometric design. Still recalling iconic Vertu elements, details are distilled and pared down to their simplest form. On the back plate, dramatic gull-wing doors open to house the nanoSIM and microSD cards. Inside there is space for personal engraving. New Signature Touch balances iconic, heritage design elements with a modern, clean look. The pillow has a confident form and is made from one large piece of ceramic for a cleaner aesthetic. The stereo sound bar has also evolved with a separate, floating polished V rail.
The strong material palette established by Signature Touch has evolved to include luxurious feeling semi – aniline calf leather. New Signature Touch will launch in a range of four colours, across eight product executions; Jet Calf, Garnet Calf, Grape Lizard, Pure Jet Lizard, Jet Alligator, Pure Navy Alligator, Clous de Paris Alligator and Pure Jet Red Gold, each of which can be personalised with engraving. A beautiful range of cases will be available in three different designs, in a range of complementary materials and colours.
New Signature Touch boasts Vertu’s most vibrant display ever thanks to phosphor powder used to create the LEDs. The remarkable display delivers extraordinary colour saturation and its clarity is preserved and protected by a solid piece of scratchproof, 130 carat, 5th generation Sapphire Crystal. Its 5.2” Full-HD LCD display has 428 pixels per inch, which is over 100 ppi higher resolution than most other phones on the market phones, resulting in exceptional brightness.
Sound and imaging are essential to the smartphone experience and New Signature Touch acoustics feature Dolby Digital Plus virtual surround sound processing and front-facing stereo speakers, while call quality is assured via uplink and downlink noise cancelling. New Signature Touch also includes our most powerful camera ever, featuring Vertu’s custom Image Signal Processor and camera application software by ArcSoft. Its twin LED flash means that the 21 megapixel rear camera operates to optimum levels regardless of light conditions. New Signature Touch is our most powerful phone ever and stunning speed is delivered via the new flagship Qualcomm Chipset, Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 810 Octa-core processor.
Like its predecessor, New Signature Touch was designed under the Vertu ethos of a ‘one world phone’, with the development team working to ensure that, no matter where you are in the world, your Signature Touch has the optimum set up for the region that you are in. This perfect world service is complemented by global Wi-Fi access supplied by iPass in what is their company’s only global consumer partnership.
Alongside its powerful high-performance audio and imaging, New Signature Touch features wireless charging, NFC and the latest Google Android™ 5.1 Lollipop. A full technical specification is included at the end of this article.
New Signature Touch is Vertu’s pinnacle smartphone and offers access to the full range of curated privileges and services. Vertu Concierge is available for all Signature Touch customers and features the highest level of Dedicated Service. Customers are provided with a single point of contact who can facilitate most requests, from arranging travel, accommodation and dining experiences to gift sourcing and access to money-can’t-buy events. The highly personalised nature of the Dedicated Concierge – now complimentary on device for 18 months – means that every interaction leads to an increasingly tailored service, nuanced for the specific customer.
Vertu LIFE offers customers a personalised selection of exclusive privileges and unrestricted access to elite events, available directly on device. Features include complimentary entry to the most exclusive Private Members’ Clubs around the world, access to invitation-only events and closed-door shopping experiences. Vertu LIFE has been set up as a sophisticated system that can learn and adapt to individuals; as the customer uses the system more and more, it becomes more attuned and tailored to their needs. It is the ultimate expression of bespoke technology.
Vertu CERTAINTY enhances the customer, their Vertu phone and their data through best-in-class technology and expert partners. This includes encrypted communications, comprising voice calls, text and video, delivered in partnership with Silent Circle. In addition, the Vertu Lost Phone service enables you to lock, wipe, find and ring your Vertu at any time, providing absolute security should your phone ever be mislaid. Vertu Sync enables a smooth transition from iOS by connecting your Vertu to your iCloud contacts and calendar.
Vertu began working on a luxury mobile phone concept as early as 1998 and four years later the company shipped its first product, the Signature, from its headquarters in Hampshire, England. Today, Vertu still leads the market that it pioneered, with a range of phones available: Vertu Signature, Vertu Signature Touch and Vertu Aster. Each product in the range delivers an unrivalled synergy of hand-craftsmanship and materials, unique design, latest technology and curated services.
New Vertu Signature Touch Details
- Length: 155mm, Width: 74mm, Depth: 10.8mm
- Weight: 225g – 236g
- Vertu LIFE. Vertu CERTAINTY. Vertu Concierge
- Android™ 5.1 (Lollipop)
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 810 Octa-core processor with 4GB RAM
- 5.2” 1080p HD 428ppi, phosphor LED powered LCD, protected by sapphire crystal
- 21 MP F2.2 main camera with PDAF and dual tone LED flash
- 2.1MP Skype™ compliant front camera
- 64GB of internal memory & 64GB Removable microSD memory expandable up to 2TB
- High-fidelity 13mm x 18mm loudspeakers with Dolby® Digital Plus
- A-GPS + Compass
- Gyro and accelerometer for orientation and game play
- Qi Compatible Wireless Charging
- Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0TM
- Internal 3160mAh Li-ion (3080mAh min)
- Quadband GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- WCDMA Bands I, II, IV, V, VIII
- TD-SCDMA Bands 34 & 39
- DC-HSPA+ Release 8, Cat24, 42Mb/s Downlink, Cat6 5.76Mb/s Uplink
- FDD-LTE Bands 1-5, 7, 8,13,17, 20, 25, 28 & 29
- TDD LTE Bands 38, 39, 40 & 41
- LTE Advance, 300Mb/s Downlink with Carrier Aggregation, 50Mb/s Uplink
- Dual-band WLAN 802.11 a,b,g,n,ac inc. WAPI for PRC
- Micro USB system connector with MHL & USB On-The-Go support
- 3.5mm audio socket
- Bluetooth® v4.0 + LE
- CSR aptX® high quality encoded audio support
- NFC + support for host card emulation
- WiFi hotspot (tethering & portable hotspot)
- Vertu applications†, inc. Concierge, Life, Certainty and others.
- Google Mobile Services#, including Google PlayTM, Gmail™, Google ChromeTM, Google+™, Google Maps™, Google DriveTM, YouTube™ and other services.
- Browser‡, Calculator, Calendar, Camera, Clock, Downloads, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Movie Studio, Music‡, People, Phone, Settings
- Selected Baidu Mobile services‡, AutoNavi Maps‡
User Interface Display Languages
- Arabic, Bahasa Indonesia, Czech, Dutch, English (GB), English (US), French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish (ES), Spanish (US), Thai, Traditional Chinese (Twn), Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese,
† Some features are location, network and/or service dependent
# RoW (Rest of the World) software build only
‡ China software build only