October 23, 2012
Hublot Unveils Limited Edition F1™ King Power Austin Timepiece To Commemorate Inaugural Race In Texas
Hublot, the Official Watch of Formula 1™, has introduced the F1™ King Power Austin timepiece to mark the return of the sport to the United States since it left Indianapolis in 2007.
Available as a limited edition of just 250 numbered pieces, the watch boasts a titanium case, a material chosen for its lightness, resistance to corrosion and biocompatibility. Other unique elements created using diverse high-tech materials directly inspired by Formula 1™, include the carbon and titanium bezel, satin-finished with a perforated effect which brings to mind the cutting edge performance of an high tech brake disc, the start and reset push-pieces, and a 30-minute timer at 3 o’clock.
The strap is made from black Hornback alligator leather, accentuating the refined and powerful style of the piece. This has been sewn on to black rubber which ensures that the bracelet is comfortable, hard-wearing, and exceptionally flexible, The red stitching subtly picks up the colour of the dial.
Hublot F1™ King Power Austin Timepiece Specifications:
- Reference: 703.NQ.8512.HR.FTX12
- Series: Limited to 250 pieces numbered from 01/250 to 250/250
- Case: “King Power” – diameter 48 mm in vertical satin-finished titanium
- Bezel: Titanium and carbon fibre, in “High tech brake disc” style 6 H-shaped titanium screws
- Crystal: Sapphire with anti-reflective coating
- Bezel Lugs: Black composite resin
- Lateral inserts: Black composite resin
- Crown: Titanium and black rubber
- Push-pieces: START with red rubber inserts and black text at 2 o’clock
- RESET in black rubber with red text at 4 o’clock
- Screws: Titanium
- Case-back: Openworked, titanium
- Water resistance: Approximately 100 metres or 10 ATM
- Dial: Red and black, charcoal grey index with black SuperLuminova™ Grey F1™ logo at 12 o’clock
- Hands: Vertical satin-finished with black SuperLuminova™
- Movement: Hublot HUB4100, Mechanical chronograph with automatic winding
- Date: Date window at 4.30
- Bridges: Rhodium-plated, polished & satin-finished
- Number of components: 234 – Jewels: 27
- Power reserve: Approximately 42 hours
- Strap: Adjustable black hornback alligator leather sewn onto black rubber with red stitching
- Clasp: Black PVD titanium “King Power” deployant buckle, titanium cap and decorative plate
© 2012, Luxurious Magazine®. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from Luxurious Magazine® is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Luxurious Magazine® with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.. All rights reserved.