BRABUS, the well-known name in automotive performance customisation, also works its magic in the seas of the marine industry. Launching at the Cannes Yachting Festival, the company shows its Shadow 900 Black Ops Signature Edition. Jeremy Webb takes a look at the sporty craft.
BRABUS Marine has extended its already popular Shadow range of Cruisers with the launch of its latest model, the Shadow 900 Black Ops Signature Edition. The boat is described as the ultimate SUV for the seas, and when you look at the specifications and equipment, you can see why. It can reach 55 knots, with its 900 Hp engines blasting it through all types of sea states. At 38 ft long, it is a large Cruiser packed with technology and kit to provide versatility for your use.
The vessel has a fuel capacity of 730 litres which, at steady speeds of around 35 Knots, I would say you would get a range of 450 nautical miles. Plenty for you and your shipmates to enjoy long voyages or many fishing trips.
The Shadow 900 Black Ops Signature Edition is a collaboration between world-renowned Finnish boat firm Axopar Boats and famous German brand BRABUS bringing together their expertise in design and manufacture. These two companies will also display other models in the Shadow range with the 900 Black Ops XC Cross-Cabin and Sun-Top and Spyder models.
The Sun Lounge is a new highlight of the 2023 range, and it is now standard on all BRABUS Shadow 900 models due to its high comfort level and ideal social space on the bow. New features include an LED searchlight, black engine cowlings with grey or red accents according to individual upholstery colour choices, revised fender box panels, wall pockets and LED bulwark step lights to complement the boat’s irresistible BRABUS appeal.
The BRABUS Shadow 900 range uses a Simrad®️ dual touch-screen full width, ‘Glass Helm Information Display’ with an updated BRABUS User Interface. You get access to the boat’s main navigation, engine management, onboard entertainment and driving-assist features.
Opting for the extended Navigation Package, the helm has a four-screen “bridge” configuration, including additional functions like displaying the speed for the passengers, audio controls, and a digital Panerai watch.
You can customise the Black OPS XC Cross-Cabin with a wide range of options. The multi-storage package is perfect for water sports enthusiasts seeking a boat to accommodate all their adventure gear. The spacious aft cabin with a queen-size bunk is ideal for those looking for supreme comfort. The Black OPS XC Cross-Cabin is also available with a wet bar, fridge combo, or the functional aft bench module.
BRABUS wants its owners to have as much fun in their craft as possible, but they also take peoples’ safety seriously, so the new models come with technology which helps protect them. One product is the G-Shock sensor which helps Helmsmen navigate rough weather.
Then you have the 1st Mate System, a bracelet or fob connected to a mobile phone, which delivers important safety alerts, including man overboard monitoring, distress messaging, and a theft deterrent.
The equipment list is enormous and too much to feature the total amount, so here are a few to mention specifically.
- Spyder (S), Sun-Top (ST), XC Cross Cabin (XC) models
- Exclusive Black Ops Signature Edition yacht paint in BRABUS Graphite Black with high labour-intensive fairing, painting and polishing process
- Exclusive BRABUS quilted upholstery in BRABUS Graphite colour
- Sun Lounge (standard): extended sunbathing area on the gullwing doors with additional cup holders and storage
- LED bulwark step lights
- LED searchlight
- Wireless phone charger
- Panerai watch integrated into the Simrad user interface.
- Dual installation Mercury Racing 450R Verado XL engine
- Mercury joystick piloting helm control system with skyhook digital anchor and autopilot functions
- Glass bridge/information display with two 12″ screens
- Intelligent steering module with integrated controls
- 1st mate marine safety & security System
- VHF unit with handheld control unit
- Fusion marine audio entertainment system
- Bow thruster side -power SE60
- Gullwing doors
- Sofa with a table in bow option (instead of Sun Lounge)
- Integrated electric toilet under foldable L-sofa
- Fresh water system 80l including a cabinet with sink in the front lounge
- BRABUS composite decking in platinum/black
- Shower on the aft deck, port side
- Front lounge in exclusive BRABUS fine leather in cool grey/black colour scheme with red accents
- Queen size bed mattress in grey/black square pattern with red accent
- Complete set of harbour covers in red
- Side rails
Price is to be discussed with BRABUS and what you choose as your options for equipment and layout.
For more information on the BRABUS Shadow 900 Black Ops Signature Edition, visit www.brabus.com.
Read more yachting and boating news and features here.