Crane Garden Buildings, a British company specialising in producing high-quality, handmade timber garden buildings, is widening its product portfolio with the introduction of a luxury range of Shepherds Huts.
A family-run business with nearly 50 years of experience, Crane Garden Buildings produces high-quality timber buildings, including garden sheds, outdoor offices, summer houses, greenhouses, and now, Shepherds Huts. The company is based in Norfolk and is FSC® certified, employing a team of skilled joiners and craftsmen who handmake each building.
Having previously collaborated on the design of John Lewis’ first shepherds’ hut product in early 2023, this marks Crane Garden Buildings’ first foray into this market.
Crane’s building, described as the perfect addition to any rustic country garden, has four different design options, and six sizes are available, varying from 2.4 x 3.0m (10ft) right through to 2.4 x 6.0m (20ft).
Starting with a base price of £26,995, this quirky and traditional alternative to the company’s range of year-round use lifestyle-focused designs is a building that is both fully lined and insulated and also has a number of other customisable features.
This new hut also has a classically curved roof with corrugated steel roofing material, Georgian windows for a traditional feel, and cast black iron wheels as standard.
Speaking about the product launch, Russell Atkinson, CEO, said, “We saw an opportunity to add something new and a bit different to our range.
“Here at Crane, we have gone through a rigorous process of testing different features and materials to get the effect we think our customers are really going to appreciate, delivered in the Crane style.
“We are very excited to finally be able to introduce this product to the market and hope our customers like it as much as we have enjoyed designing it.”
A peek behind the curtain: the key features behind Crane Garden Buildings’ Shepherds Hut:
Key features include:
- 6 sizes available – 2.4 x 3.0m, 2.4 x 3.6m, 2.4 x 4.2m, 2.4 x 4.8m, 2.4 x 5.4m, 2.4 x 6.0m
- Four different designs offering different door and window configurations, with a sheep name for each configuration)
- Fully lined and insulated with double glazing for year-round use (with the option to have a heater installed)
- Classically curved roof with corrugated steel roofing material
- Georgian windows for a traditional feel
- Choice of external cladding, including smooth shiplap, rustic weatherboard, vertical board & batten
- Cast iron black wheels, and the option to have antique black door and window furniture
A shepherd’s hut is often used as glamping accommodation, but for homeowners able to afford one, it’s an ideal extension of the home, used as garden offices, workshops, or entertainment spaces.
Read more business news, guides, and features here.