The North East island-based micro-distillery The Holy Island Gin Company has put together a special lockdown gin bundle which will be delivered from the Island of Lindisfarne directly to your front door.
Sitting one mile off the North East Coast of England, located mid-way between Newcastle and Edinburgh, lies the historic and beautiful Island of Lindisfarne.
Cut off by the sea twice a day, the Island is home to 200 people and several thriving businesses, including successful boutique gin distillery The Holy Island Gin Company (HIG). Today sees HIG launching a new nation-wide gin delivery package from the Island straight to your door.
Their new HIG ‘Stay at Home’ Bundle is guaranteed to warm the cockles and have you reminiscing about the remote shores and wide-open spaces. The bundle costs £30 and includes:
- 1 x 350ml bottle of original Holy Island Gin
- 2 x 200ml bottles of Franklin & Sons premium tonic water
- 1 reusable ‘ice cubes’
- 2 x slices of dehydrated orange wheels
The independent brand produces two gin variants:
- The Original signature dry gin has been crafted to capture the spirit of the high tide using both the most traditional distilling methods and the vapour infusion to deliver a flavour profile beloved by locals and visitors of the sea-borne settlement. Carefully selected botanicals such as sweet orange peel and nutmeg have delicately been infused to create the perfect balance of sweet and spiced without losing the distinctive presence of juniper.
- Sea Pink variant – launched in 2019 – has been further infused with rose, orange blossom and mixed berries giving it a floral and fruity twist with a pink colour.
Island local and Holy Island Gin Founder, Andrew Cowan continues to create and distil up to 200 bottles of gin a week delivering the taste of island life to gin lovers across the country.
For more information and to purchase visit: www.holyislandgin.co.uk.
Read more wine and spirits-related articles and guides in our dedicated section here.