Writing and yoga are two things to help create a healthy mind and body; this year, the Hôtel La Ponche is bringing them together over four extraordinary days. In this travel feature, we’ll look at what guests can expect at the unique retreat, which takes place in November.
In the heart of the old village of Saint-Tropez nestles a little paradise called La Ponche, an exceptional setting filled with luxury and authenticity. It is somewhere you can embrace the delightful and slightly nostalgic charm of the glamorous, elegant and artistic years of Saint-Tropez and, of course, reinvigorate your mind and body. Hôtel La Ponche is open until January 1 and offers guests the opportunity to let go before reconnecting with the relentlessness of the modern-day world.
From Thursday, November 17 to Sunday, November 20, the boutique hotel will be hosting a four-day Yoga & Writing retreat led by Élodie Garamond, founder of the Tigre Yoga Club and the writer Lilia Hassaine (right).
Imagine spending four days in a beautiful location where you can accept and transform your emotions through words. Four days to untie your body with kindness and patience, tenderness and attention, to walk, breathe, write, meditate, stretch, and listen to the sea.
Lilia says, “I thought of the writing workshops as an extension of Élodie’s yoga practice. The exercises will be an opportunity for introspection, a dive into the meanders of your imagination and your dreams. Like yoga, writing is spiritual, inner. Language changes when the body changes. Words listen; they reflect your state of mind and your soul state.
During the hours dedicated to writing, I will try to make you feel how much each story deserves to be told, researched, and worked on because it says something about yourself, your obsessions and your past. Your unconscious will be your guide. The mission of the workshops will be to give you the keys.”
Élodie added, “Emotions are messengers. They are there to tell us that we need to take strong action, in our lives and in our relationships with others. Just as it takes time to build muscle, it also takes time to strengthen our ability to welcome and respond to our emotions instead of running away from them. Welcoming them fully will help us find creative solutions and enjoy every moment of our lives.”
Below, we’ve detailed a full breakdown of what each day at the Yoga and Writing Retreat has to offer:
Thursday, November 17
- 11:30 am – Soft yoga
- 1:00 pm – Opening circle and writing of intentions
- 1:30 pm – Lunch
- 3:00 pm – Writing workshop: exploring obstacles and emotions
- 6:00 pm – Yin yoga
- 8:00 pm – Dreamers dinner (discussion on writing about dreams)
Friday, November 18
- 7:30 am – Writing about “my dream.”
- 8:00 am – Sunrise pranayama and meditative walk
- 9:30 am – Breakfast and dream reading
- 10:30 am – Free time and emotional writing
- 12:00 pm – Soft yoga
- 1:30 pm – Picnic lunch
- Afternoon – free time: massages, discussions and writing
- 5:00 pm – Meditation and yin yoga
- 7:00 pm – Dinner
- 9:00 pm – Writing evening: emotions and otherness
Saturday, November 19
- 7:30 am – Sun salutation, pranayama and meditation
- 9:00 am – Breakfast
- 10:00 am – Writing and a discussion about emotions
- 12:00 pm – Option: silent walk
- 1:00 pm – Reading lunch and text sharing
- 2:30 pm – Hands-on workshop: writing techniques
- 4:30 pm – Free time: massages, discussions and writing
- 7:30 pm – Dinner
Sunday, November 20
- 8:30 am – Vinyasa flow, pranayama and meditation
- 10:00 am – Free writing
- 11:30 am – Brunch
- 1:00 pm – Guided writing: emotions of the weekend
- 2:30 pm – Reading of the texts, discussion and closing circle
- 4:30 pm – Departure
Hôtel La Ponche’s four-day Yoga and Writing Retreat is priced at 1650€, and for couples is 1130€ per person. The price includes all activities, meals, accommodation, a thirty-minute massage and airport transfers. More information and booking details are available by emailing [email protected].
Flights recommended from Paris
Transavia Paris-Toulon – Thursday 11/17: 7:25 am
Transavia Toulon-Paris – Sunday 11/20: 3:25 pm or 9:05 pm
(The schedule will be adapted to everyone depending on the return flights.)
Hôtel La Ponche details
Address: 5, rue des Remparts 83990 Saint Tropez
Tel: +33 4 94 97 02
Read more travel news, guides and features here.