The Reuters Global Luxury and Fashion Summit – 23-25 May 2011
Reuters Global Luxury and Fashion Summit – 23-25 May 2011 – Some of world’s leading CEOs in luxury goods and services discuss what’s ahead with the sector
Some of the world’s leading names in the world fashion, luxury goods and services will visit the Reuters news bureaus for the Global Luxury and Fashion Summit in Paris, London, New York and Hong Kong from May 23-25 to discuss the outlook for the luxury gooods sector in a series of exclusives interviews.
The luxury goods industry has had a vigorous rebound far stronger than many luxury goods analysts expected after the sharp spending downturn of 2009. 2011 is expected to to be another record year, particularly for watchmakers, luxury hotels, fashion and leather goods groups.
Much of the stimulus as expected is coming from China, however strong tourist inflows into Europe and the United States are also boosting the market. This month, U.S. consultancy Bain raised its 2011 growth forecast for luxury sales to 8 percent, up from a previous target of 3-5 percent at constant currencies. The upbeat outlook is all the more surprising as many luxury executives expected Japan’s earthquakes and nuclear crisis to impact their global sales.
As a result of stronger than expected demand, luxury goods makers are grappling with materials and staff shortages – issues which will be discussed at Reuters’ third edition of the Global Luxury and Fashion Summit. Other themes include the challenges of doing business in China, rising raw material prices, ageing models selling the eternal youth message, Brazil the next big engine of growth after China, the changing face of the men’s luxury goods market and how many outlet stores are too much for luxury retailers.
Guests speaking at Reuters Global Luxury and Fashion Summit include:
The Reuters Global Luxury and Fashion Summit in New York
* Harry Winston CEO Frédéric de Narp;
* Saks CEO Steve Sadove;
* Neiman Marcus Group CEO Karen Katz;
* Starwood Hotels & Resorts CEO Frits van Paasschen;
* Rent the Runway Co-founder and President Jennifer Fleiss;
* Rent the Runway Co-founder and CEO Jenn Hyman;
* Esplanade Capital President and Founder Shawn Kravetz;
* Coach CEO Lew Frankfort;
* Georg Jensen CEO Ulrik Garde Due;
* Marriott International COO Arne Sorenson;
* Strategic Hotels & Resorts CEO Lawrence Geller;
* Moda Operandi CEO Aslaug Magusdottir;
* Coty CEO Bernd Beetz;
* Designer Diane von Furstenberg;
* L’Oreal Head of Luxury Division Nicolas Hieronimus;
* Lamborghini CEO Stephan Winkelmann;
* Barbara Bui CEO William Halimi;
* Le Printgemps CEO Paolo Cesare;
* Cerruti CEO Florent Perrichon;
* Quinting Manufacture d’Horlogerie President Pascal Berclaz;
* Zadig & Voltaire CEO Thierry Gillier;
* Le Bristol CEO Didier Le Calvez;
* Parmigiani Fleurier CEO Jean-Marc Jacot;
* Swiss & Global Asset Management Fund Manager Scilla Huang Sun;
* YOOX CEO Federico Marchetti;
* Carven CEO Henri Sebaoun;
* Societe des Bains de Mer de Monaco Chairman Bernard Lambert;
* Corum CEO Antonio Calce;
* Roberto Cavalli CEO Gianluca Brozzetti;
* Theo Fennell Creative Director and Founder Theo Fennell;
* Walpole Deputy Chairman Guy Salter;
* Shiseido President and CEO Hisayuki Suekawa;
* Trinity Group Managing Director Sunny Wong;
* Sotheby’s Director of China and Southeast Asia and Head of Watches Department Vanessa Herrera; and
* Chow Tai Fook Group Branding Director Alan Chan.
You must be logged in to post a comment.