Singapore’s most prestigious and longest-running jewellery show, the Singapore International Jewelry Expo, was officially opened today by Guest-of-Honour Ms Indranee Rajah, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Office and Second Minister for Finance and National Development at the Marina Bay Sands Singapore Expo & Convention Centre. Also present was His Excellency Suryo Pratomo, Ambassador, Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia, Singapore.
This year marks the 18th anniversary of the show, and it is also the largest edition to date. Spanning 8,000 sqm of exhibition floor space, the Singapore International Jewelry Expo (SIJE 2023) plays host to more than 280 jewellers, manufacturers and exporters from 28 countries. On display is a grand collection of set jewellery and gemstones in excess of USD 200 million, making SIJE the most significant jewellery hub of the region.
The largest pavilion is formed by 61 Singapore jewellers representing renowned brands such as CW Jewels, Foundation Jewellers, IVY Masterpiece, La Joie, Simone Jewels and Vihari Jewels.
Joining the Singapore jewellers at SIJE 2023 are contingents from other countries – forty-nine exhibitors from Hong Kong, forty-five from Thailand, twenty-five from Japan, thirteen from Indonesia, ten from Malaysia, nine from Italy, seven from Sri Lanka, and jewellers from other countries, including Nepal, Poland, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, USA, and more.
Indonesia, the show’s country partner, turned out in full force to showcase its outstanding jewellery pieces made with precious metals and gemstones and South Sea pearls from across the archipelago.
The pavilion, popular with consumers and also trade buyers, is supported by the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in Singapore, the Indonesian Ministry of Trade and Industry, and Bank Indonesia.
New to the show this year is an AI-backed business matching programme to help buyers and sellers fast-track their search in the two packed exhibition halls. The AI recommendations engine powers business matching intelligently to match people to people, people to companies, people to products and people to agenda sessions.
The 18th-anniversary special edition of the show will also be remembered by buyers and investors long after the four-day event concludes on 16 July for presenting a spectacular collection of some of the rarest, most beautiful and prized jewellery pieces and gemstones from around the world. On display are the following outstanding show-stoppers:
- A rare 31.82-carat Columbian Emerald priced at USD $1.5 million. Certified Platinum GRS Award and described by GemResearch Swiss Lab as an important Cushion-Cut Emerald – a rare distinction for gems worldwide. From Ivy Masterpiece.
- A perfectly cut pair of matching near colourless pear-shaped Brilliant Diamond earrings. Total weight of 28 carats. Priced at USD $1.68 million. From Ivy Masterpiece.
- A 34-carat Burmese Red Spinels with brilliant cut diamonds bracelet in the rarest shade of vivid red Spinels known as the “night rubies”, worth SGD550,000. From DeGem.
- An extraordinary 30-carat, D colour, Flawless Emerald Cut Diamond, cut to the highest standards of brilliance and light return, from Mor Brothers.
- An exquisite collection of imperial jade and diamond necklace, priced at SGD450,000 by Dejade Jewellery.
- A rare show stopper Columbian Emerald (no oil) set with diamonds necklace 40.13ct, with Gubelin Certificate, priced at SGD2.5 million by Vihari Jewels.
The show has worked with Simone Ng of Simone Jewels for a special appearance at SIJE 2023, the Rockstar Synth Unisex Ring set in solid gold and diamond from Jouer By Simone. This ring is an absolute favourite of the singer and songwriter Taylor Swift.
Following the grand official opening ceremony today, a jewellery fashion show was presented to the guests and VIPs. Models flaunted the catwalk wearing many of the phenomenal jewellery pieces that were brought to the show by some of the notable local and international jewellers.
From today to Sunday, the show will conduct several activities for invited guests, jewellery lovers, trade buyers, investors, and members of the public. These include:
- Two fashion shows will be presented by SIJE 2023’s country partner Indonesia, the Bank of Indonesia and the jewellers at the Indonesian Pavilion.
- Fashion designer showcase presented by the International Women’s Federation of Commerce and Industry Singapore (IWFCI Singapore).
- Two jewellery appreciation workshops will be conducted by the founders of Carat 55.
- A talk on Ammonites by AGL.
- A colourful gathering, Babas and Nyonyas Bling Bling by Peranakan Sayang
- A special session will be presented by CW Jewels and private bankers on investing in gems.
- A talk titled “Uniworld River Cruise” presented by JOYOJ Pte Ltd
- SIJE 2023 18th Anniversary Lucky Draw and Grand Purchase Lucky Draw
The expo is co-organised by IEG Asia and Conference & Exhibition Management Services (CEMS) and hosted by the Singapore Jewellers Association (SJA).
It is supported by Community Partners, namely the British Association of Singapore, the International Women’s Federation of Commerce and Industry Singapore, the Singapore Khalsa Association and Peranakan Sayang, as well as supporting associations, the Hong Kong Jade and Jewellery Association and the Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Singapore International Jewelry Expo’s sponsors include Platinum Sponsor IVY Masterpiece and Grand Purchase Draw sponsors ZYDO, Leonori and DeGem. Other sponsors include Connoisseurs Singapore, Dejade, Denitex, Eco Ring, Guang Zhou Ein Stein, Fook’s Jewellery, Gransky Jewellery, Jaipore by Ritu Aurora, Ministry of Gemstones and, Tateos Diamonds, Boncafé, F&N, Casa Defra, Jupiter 57 and Wine Connection.
The photography used in this feature was supplied by SIJE 2023.
Read more news from the jewellery industry in our dedicated section.