Aldi, along with TV mixologist and self-styled ‘flavour guru’ Pritesh Mody, has recreated a collection of world-class, gin-based cocktails you can make at home. What makes these recipes so exciting is they will cost you a fraction of what you’d pay in a bar or restaurant.
Aldi and Pritesh have provided us with six mouthwatering cocktail recipes based on some of the most famous drinks in the world. Stand-out include their take on Chateau Marmont’s Gardener’s Gimley, which is listed in the guide under Jardin D’aldi. What makes these cocktail recipes so special is they’ll cost just a fraction of the price you’d expect to pay for the original, and this is no exception, coming in at £1.30 per serve.
Another must-try and again offering you the opportunity to revel in the money you are saving is Bloomin Wild. This cocktail is based on Novikov’s iconic Wild Orchid cocktail and comes at just £2.13 per glass. If you’re curious as to how much you’d save by recreating it at home, the menu in the bar lists it as £16 per glass.
Pritesh Mody, who is a regular on Channel’s 4 Sunday Brunch and BBC News, says, “With everyone stuck indoors at the moment, many of us are missing our favourite bars and restaurants.
“So, it’s been a pleasure to team up with Aldi and the incredible new Haysmith’s Gin range to create a selection of easy and affordable recipes that are inspired by some of the most exciting cocktails around. Hopefully, these drinks will allow everyone to mix themselves a little taste of luxury at home and perhaps even impress their friends during the now obligatory weekend drink online!”
Aldi’s cocktail recipes feature their brand-new Haysmith’s Gin collection, which retails at a very affordable £15.99. The range is available now with some very interesting flavours: Peach & Orange Blossom, Mango and Passion fruit and Orange & Persian Lime Gin. All are perfect in a cocktail, or if you want to keep things simple, add a slice of orange and some of Aldi’s premium Tonic Water.
To see Aldi’s and Pritesh’s cocktail recipes in full, please click on the link below. If you’d prefer something a little more visual, you can watch how to make them on Aldi’s Facebook page.
The Infusionist Cup
Inspired by the world-renowned Dorchester Bar in London, the Strawberry Cup cocktail is always a classic hit. Aldi’s Infusionist Cup featuring Aldi’s Strawberry Gin Liqueur and Veuve Monsigny Champagne version comes in at just £2.98 per serve.
- 2 Strawberries
- 65ml Strawberry Lemonade Gin Liqueur
- 65ml Chilled Veuve Monsigny Champagne
- Peel of ¼ of a lime
- Cut two strawberries into quarters, place in Champagne glass
- Peel ¼ of a lime twist into the glass to release oils
- Pour in 65ml of Chilled Liqueur
- Add 100ml of Chilled Champagne and serve.
Already an iconic part of London’s skyline, The Shard’s Bar Hutong offers the popular ‘Fui Shi’ cocktail. Aldi’s version, Tiki Easy, features Aldi’s Old Hopking Dark Rum and the new Haysmith’s Seville Orange and Lime Gin and costs £1.97 per serve.
- 35ml Aldi Sea Dog Spiced Rum
- 25ml Haysmith’s Seville Orange and Lime Gin
- 5ml Aldi Golden Syrup
- 20ml Grenadine
- 15ml tablespoon Aldi Marmalade
- 30ml Lime juice
- Garnish Orange wheel
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker and shake HARD with ice
- Pour into a tall glass of crushed ice
- Garnish with an orange wheel
For the high rollers, London bar Novikov’s glamourous Wild Orchid cocktail is sprinkled with 18-carat gold. Aldi’s version, Bloomin’ Wild, features Haysmith’s Orange Blossom and Peach Gin, and Aldi’s Premium French Vodka and comes in at £2.13 per serve.
- 35ml Saint Gérmont Réserve Vodka
- 25ml Orange Blossom & Peach Gin
- 15ml Elderflower syrup
- 25ml Lemon Juice
- Two dashes Peychaud Bitters
- Garnished with edible gold flakes
- Add all ingredients to a shaker with cubed ice
- Shake until the outside of the cocktail shaker turns cold
- Strain into a chilled martini glass
- Garnish with a slim twist of lemon rind or edible gold flakes.
Matcha Made In Heaven
London’s Sushisamba’s Coconut Matcha Sour ticks all the boxes with on-trend ingredients, including Matcha. Aldi’s version, Matcha Made In Heaven, featuring Aldi’s Topaz Gin and Mason’s Coconut & Lime Gin, certainly packs a punch at just £2.79 per serving.
- 50ml Coconut & Lime Gin
- 25ml Full-Fat Coconut Cream
- 25ml Lime Juice
- 20ml Sugar Syrup
- 1cm piece of ginger, finely grated
- 25ml Egg White / Chickpea water (vegan)
- Matcha powder
- Shake all ingredients HARD with ice in a cocktail shaker
- Strain into a martini glass
- Garnish with Matcha powder
Famed Los Angeles Hotel, Chateau Marmont on Sunset Boulevard has hosted the good and the great from Hollywood’s crème de la crème for almost a century. Jardin D’Aldi is Aldi’s version of Chateau Marmont’s Gardener’s Gimlet and comes in at only £1.30 per serve!
- 50ml Topaz Gin
- 15ml lime juice
- 15ml simple syrup
- 60ml cucumber and basil juice*
- Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker
- Shake and strain into a martini glass
- Garnish with a basil leaf.
*Blend six basil leaves and 100g cucumber with 50ml water in a blender.
Royal-favourite London bar with outposts in Marbella, Sardinia, Sweden and Manchester, Mahiki’s Iconic Treasure Chest Cocktail is made for sharing and getting the party started. Aldi’s take on this is Aldiki and comes in at a sweet £5.82 per serve.
- 800ml Aldi apple juice
- 800m Aldi pineapple juice
- 250ml Aldi orange juice
- Sugar syrup prepared with six tablespoons caster sugar in 200ml boiling water and left to cool
- 400ml Old Hopking White Rum
- 600ml Old Hopking Dark Rum
- 200ml Haysmith’s Mango and Passionfruit Gin
- 200ml Oscar’s Peach Schnapps
- 250ml Napoleon Brandy
- One bottle of chilled Veuve Monseigny Champagne
- 4 Fresh limes
- Garnish with a selection of hopped-fresh and exotic fruit
- Make up your sugar syrup by dissolving six tablespoons of caster sugar in 200ml boiling water. Leave to cool before adding to the cocktail mix
- Pour several handfuls of ice cubes into your treasure chest or punch bowl
- Add 800ml apple juice, 800ml pineapple juice, 250ml orange juice, and stir
- Squeeze in the juice of 4 fresh limes
- Add in 400ml Old Hopking White Rum, 600ml Old Hopking Dark Rum, 200ml Cocobay White Rum & Coconut, 200ml Haysmith’s Mango and Passionfruit Gin, 250ml Napoleon Brandy
- Top with a bottle of chilled Veuve Monseigny Champagne
- Stir to blend and add more ice cubes if desired
- Finally, add a selection of chopped fresh fruit, e.g., pineapple, lemon, orange, and passionfruit, to garnish.
*Scottish and Welsh customers are not able to buy products that fall below the MUP. Any orders placed to Scottish and Welsh addresses which do not meet the requirements of MUP will be refunded.