As England readies itself for a second lockdown on November 5th, many will be taking the opportunity to dust off their cookery skills. To help inspire all the budding world-class chefs, we’re taking a look at KitchenAid’s brand new cordless collection which allows you to whip up a culinary masterpiece whenever and wherever you want.
Imagine preparing and making food wherever you want without trying to base what you’re doing around a spare electrical socket and the hassles of a cord. Imagine no more as this is the freedom that comes with KitchenAid’s latest collection.
The new collection is made up of four products; two hand blenders, a five-cup chopper and a seven-speed hand mixer. The KitchenAid designers have made things as simple as possible for anyone who enjoys cooking and baking. This is clearly evident with the fact that one charger works with all of the appliances and each product in the new collection charges from empty to full in less than two hours.
If you’re one of those cooks who can’t stand waiting around, don’t worry as all the products have a quick charge option. When using this, the chopper and hand mixer will be ready to use in just ten minutes with the hand blenders ready to use in twenty.
A Battery Indicator Light signals when it’s time to charge and the Lithium-Ion Battery delivers optimal runtime with the same performance and efficiency as the corded versions.
Let’s take a look at each of the products in the new collection in more detail:
The KitchenAid Cordless 5-Cup Chopper (5KFCB519), RRP £129
- Mixes, chops and purees to perfection thanks to the multi-purpose stainless steel blades
- Chops up to 40 onions on a full charge1
- Chops up to 11 onions with a quick charge of 10 minutes2
- Two-speed settings
- Whisking accessory allows you to whisk, whip and stir
The KitchenAid Cordless 7-Speed Hand Mixer (5KHMB732), RRP £149
- Capable of making up to 200 cookies on a full charge.3
- Seven speeds; slow stirring for chunky ingredients, medium speeds for creaming butter and sugar and high speed to whip egg whites and creams
- The Soft Start™ feature brings the beaters up to the selected speed gradually to help prevent splattering
- Beater ejector button with Stainless Steel Turbo Beaters II™
- The hand mixer is designed to stand on its own; the beaters don’t need to rest on a bowl or workspace
The KitchenAid Cordless Hand Blender (5KHBBV53), RRP £129
- Lightweight, easy to handle and can blend up to 25 bowls of soup on a full charge4
- Single-handed, dual button, ergonomic grip
- Four-point stainless steel blade ensures ingredients are easily turned into perfect purees, smoothies, milkshakes, soups, hummus and more
- Variable speed allows for greater flexibility and control
- Removable pan guard helps to protect cookware
The KitchenAid Cordless Hand Blender (5KHBBV83), RRP £159
- All the benefits of the KitchenAid Cordless Hand Blender WITH:
- Whisk attachment
- 1L BPA-free jug with lid
- Chopper attachment for herbs, nuts, cheese etc
1 Based on onion size of 90 – 110 grams.
2 Based on onion size of 90 – 110 grams when following recommended battery maintenance.
3 Based on four batches of chocolate chip cookies.
4 Based on 12-ounce bowls (354 ml), seven batches, Tomato Basil Soup.
KitchenAid is a brand known for the colour of its products. This new cordless collection will be available in Black Matte and Empire Red. All of the products will be available to order from November 16th 2020 at kitchenaid.co.uk.
KitchenAid has made a video showing the products in the new collection in action, click here to watch it.
Read more food and culinary-related articles and guides in our dedicated section here.