August 14, 2012
SoHo Hotel The James New York Introduces The Stylist Collection Curated By Mimi Lombardo.
SoHo hotel The James New York is proud to introduce its newest guest amenity - The Stylist Collection – curated by Mimi Lombardo. Building upon The James' design-centric roots, the hotel has developed a new concept bringing fashion stylist-selected pieces directly into guest suites.
Partnering with renowned celebrity and editorial stylist darling, Mimi Lombardo, the hotel will provide access to a curated collection of style-driven accessories as well as access to Mimi herself for personalized shopping excursions (by appointment).
"I was thrilled to be asked by The James New York to act as their hotel stylist," said Mimi Lombardo. "The James brand is all about refined and elegant style that is also accessible and au courant. The items I selected to represent those traits are ideally-suited to The James guest and to the hotel's overall design aesthetic."
Mimi's signature style is highlighted within the travel-centric offerings in this collection, which will consist of seasonally relevant selections including:
- A waxed canvas iPad case from Ernest Alexander, an earthy cool item only available at their New York flagship in SoHo
- A pleated cotton ombre wrap scarf from Christopher Fischer to add a dash of color and warmth to any outfit or for extra comfort on the frosty plane ride home
- A natural chain link necklace from Kara Ross, the ultimate grab-and-go statement piece that goes perfectly with sleek New York blacks to really stand out in the crowd
- Trina Turk's geometric earrings to bedazzle any outfit with resin and gold.
- A jazzy watch from the all-American Timex watch company featuring a preppy striped band, which will keep ticking even when crossing different time zones
- The MZ Wallace cross body bag, the ideal multifunction purse for travelers, as it also converts to a clutch
- Paul Smith classic striped socks for a fashionable addition paired jeans or add some flare to ankle length suit pants
- Echo design cover-ups, ideal for catching some rays by The James pool
Guests can purchase the curated items directly from their suite or by consulting with the concierge in the Sky Lobby. These fashion-forward pieces move style beyond the hotel and onto the streets of New York and beyond.
Stylist-to-the-stars Mimi Lombardo works with celebrities such as Rachel Weisz, Sheryl Crow and Chloe Sevigny. Additionally, top magazines such as Travel + Leisure and T, The New York Times Style Magazine also turn to Mimi for her expertise.
The introduction of the Stylist Collection will be followed by similar fashion-oriented initiatives at The James Chicago and The James Royal Palm (opening in Miami Fall 2012) in the future. It rounds out The James New York's commitment to fashion-forward thinking – the property opened in August 2010 with uniforms designed by fashion wunderkind Andrew Buckler and, since opening, has hosted fashion events with Philip Lim, Betsy Johnson and Chris Benz, among others.