The Linde Werdelin Spidospeed Black Diamond Watch is a unique composition of black diamonds, mother of pearl, dlc with blued steel hands limited to only 50 pieces.
Linde Werdelin is specialised in crafting meticulous mechanical timepieces with attachable digital sports instruments for diving and skiing.
Linde Werdelin’s iconic SpidoSpeed chronograph, which expresses the essence of precision, strength and cutting edge look, is unveiling an exclusive series bearing 48 +1in the dial brilliant-cut black diamonds of 1.57 carats mounted on its skeletonised dlc – diamond-like-carbon – treated case featuring a rare mother of pearl dial.
Among the Linde Werdelin collection, SpidoSpeed Black Diamond is the first and only to bear a dial made from a natural material, precisely from the inside of oyster shells of original Tahitian mother of pearls. Each piece (limited to 50 only) bears a slightly different gradient of blue, making each of them inimitable from another.
The SpidoSpeed is a chronograph timepiece constructed of a complex fully skeletonised case with weight reduction technology while preserving strength in the construction. It has been crafted and designed with inspirations originating from the racing car industry.
Spidospeed Black Diamond Watch Case and Dial
The case consists of 32 parts put together in a complex three part skeletonised construction in order to achieve the true 3-dimensional skeletonised experience.
The whole case including the crown, the pushbuttons of the chronograph as well as the case-back and all the skeletonised part of the SpidoSpeed have undergone dlc treatment. The black diamond-like-carbon (dlc) coating, which consents to increase hardness and scratch resistance, ensures ultimate robustness as well as a matte stealth finish.
The dial is constructed into two parts to give a major sense of depth. This depth of the dial is very much achieved with the use of different colours and surface combinations given by the light effect of the mother of pearl dial. The mother of pearl dial, on the lower layer, carries the Linde Werdelin black logo while atop of it sits the upper dial part with the printing of indexes and numerals as well as the chronograph dials of hours, minutes and seconds in a light grey to enhance the contrast. To enhance readability blued steel hours and minutes hands have been implemented. Lastly, each 48 brilliant-cut black diamond of 1.57 carats is meticulously mounted inside the bezel with exceptional accuracy. The brilliant cut is one of the most favourable forms for enhancing the play of lights and shades.
The cut of the diamonds recalls the complex design of our 3-dimensional cases. Multifaceted surfaces generate a variety of reflected lights given by the different materials and finishes we have employed. The contrast between diamond, microbillé and satin finish combined with the mother of pearl on the dial and the blued steel hands convey a very unique colour effect”, explains Morten Linde.
An exceptional detail has been included in this model. A small black diamond is added to replace the original letter ”R” at 4.30 o’clock on the hours sub-dial, standing for “The Rock” or “The Reef” and indicates how long it takes to fully charge the instrument, after all the diamond is a Rock itself.
The movement This piece, like the original SpidoSpeed, is powered by a custom-made LW03 Concepto integrated chronograph movement, partially visible through the sapphire crystal case-back. This bespoke movement allows the crown and pushers to be completely aligned and to facilitate the attachment of the Linde Werdelin instruments. SpidoSpeed Black Diamonds will retail at CHF 25,000 exclusive of VAT from June 2012 on LindeWerdelin.com or from any LW authorised retailer in local currency.
Spidospeed Black Diamond Watch Technical Specifications:
Background Numbered Series A, 50A
- Case: Three part construction black dlc microbillé steel / Number of parts: 32 / microbillé and hand satin finish anti-reflective sapphire crystal / see-through sapphire crystal in back case / spider web and chronograph sub-dial engravings / Screw in crown with Chronograph pushers at 2 and 4 o’clock / Internal case comprising 48 black diamonds: quality VVS, diameters 1, 90/1, 95 mm, 32/24 cutting (total 56 facets) total weight 1,574 carats.
- Dimensions: 44mm (w) by 46mm (l) by 15mm (h)
- Movement: LW 03 Concepto calibre 2251 integrated chronograph / 48 hours power reserve / 237 components / Balance frequency: 28800 Alt/H/ ceramic bearing in oscillator/ strengthened escapement.
- Dial: Two-part mother of pearl from Tahiti dial, opalin top dial part / black galvanic chronograph sub-dials for hours, minutes and seconds / Hands: 2 blued steel hands / Grey SLN on main dial and sub-dial indexes / small diamond in the 6H counter / Hour counter stetted with a 1 mm black diamond.
- Water Resistance: 100m
- Strap: SpidoSpeed textured calf strap with ardillon buckle