This December, for two dates only, The Royal Yacht Britannia is hosting ticketed festive evening private tours, allowing ‘behind the ropes’ access to experience the highlights of this iconic ship whilst taking in the grand Christmas decorations and learning about festive traditions aboard.
And for the first time, guests are invited to step into the spectacular Engine Room – an immaculate room of gleaming brass, chrome and white enamel – a testament to British engineering at its best.
The private tour involves:
- Quayside arrival, taking in the stunning 30ft Christmas Tree adorned with sparkling lights.
- A red carpet welcome, boarding Britannia via The Royal Brow, the entrance previously reserved only for Her Majesty The Queen and the Royal Family.
- ‘Behind-the-ropes’ private tour with Guides who provide a unique insight into the history of the Royal Yacht.
- Unprecedented access to Britannia’s Engine Room, which, with its chrome dials and old-fashioned steam turbines, has an air of antiquity and grandeur.
- Post-tour, Butlers serve a choice of Champagne or mulled wine with mince pies in the State Drawing Room.
- A special gift of a Britannia Christmas Pudding, made on board, beautifully wrapped in organza and finished with Britannia ribbon.
Individual tickets are priced at £50 per person inc. VAT.
Departure will be quayside at 7 pm.
To book tickets please contact The Royal Yacht Britannia Events team on 0131 555 8800 or email email@example.com.
Britannia is owned by The Royal Yacht Britannia Trust (Registered Charity No. SC028070). The Trust’s responsibility is to maintain and preserve Britannia in keeping with her former role and to display her to the public as a key part of British maritime history. The Trust is a wholly self-funding, not-for-profit, charitable organisation. Surplus funds generated from running the Royal Yacht as a visitor attraction and events venue go towards preserving the yacht for future generations.