Scenic Luxury Cruises and Tours is giving adventurous travellers the chance to discover the land of contrasts by offering the UK’s first five-star luxury escorted tour to South Korea.
New for 2020, Brits will be able to explore the diversity of South Korea on the brand new 11-day The Soul of South Korea itinerary, featured in Scenic’s ‘The Diverse Wonders of Asia and the Far East’ brochure launched this month. To celebrate the exciting launch, Scenic is offering guests a complimentary business class upgrade on the flight to Seoul for the first 60 bookings made.
Starting and finishing in the capital, Seoul, the itinerary gives guests the chance to experience one of the most heavily militarised borders in the world and one of the fastest-growing economies in Asia, while learning about the people, cuisine, ancient history and culture of the region.
From the ancient villages around Gyeongju to modern Busan and the high-speed trains in between, explore the De-militarised Zone with views of North Korea from the Dora Observatory before embarking on a relaxing walk through the peaceful Juknokwon bamboo forest in Grangju.
Other cultural highlights include:
- A visit to World Heritage-listed Changdeokgung Palace, Bulguksa Temple and Seokguram Grotto
- Witness the changing of the Royal Guard at Deoksugung Palace
- An immersive experience at the Hyo Jae Cultural Hall where guests can try on Hanbok, the traditional Korean dress, or try their hand at Bojagi, a traditional wrapping cloth
- A visit to Samjinae village to experience ‘slow living’ at the designated ‘Slow City’
- A visit to Mount Gayasan National Park including Haelnsa Temple
- Craft mini Gayageum, a 12-string Korean musical instrument, while in Gayatgo Village
- A hands-on local cooking class of cuisine from the Shilla Dynasty in Gyeongju
Prices for the 11-day The Soul of South Korea itinerary start from £6,245 based on all 2020 departures. The price includes return flights from the UK, private airport transfers, gratuities, a small luxury escorted group tour with a maximum of 24 guests, two exclusive Scenic Enrich experiences, and five Scenic Freechoice activities in which guests can choose from to tailor their trip for a truly personal experience.
For more information or to book, call 0808 271 5355, visit www.scenic.co.uk, or contact your local travel agent.