Hot on the heels of the recent opening of BluHouse, the casual and multifaceted Italian restaurant, bar, café and deli, The Dining Room by BluHouse, has now opened for dinner service between Tuesday and Sunday.
Tucked away within BluHouse, The Dining Room offers a thoughtful balance between tradition and innovation in a refined ambience. Italian-born Chef de Cuisine Giovanni Galeota (below with his team) will be unleashing his creativity using sustainably sourced seasonal ingredients, resulting in a fresh new take on elevated Italian gastronomy.
The Dining Room by BluHouse features two exclusive private dining rooms seating up to 10 guests each and an extensive wine cellar that showcases the viticultural diversity of Italy’s varietals and appellations for the perfect wine pairing experience.
The Dining Room’s 5 or 6 Course Tasting Menus by Chef Giovanni Galeota
Surrender your taste buds to the chef with The Dining Room’s five or six-course chef’s set menu, priced at HK$980+10% and HK$1,380+10%, respectively.
Experience the best of The Dining Room with seasonal highlights such as:
- Crudo di Tonno, Japanese tuna Crudo with Cetara anchovies emulsion, tomatoes and oregano cress.
- Cappelli alla Genovese (above), homemade veal Cappelli pasta with Montoro onion sauce, truffles and Provolone del Monaco cheese.
- Mezzi Paccheri “Benedetto Cavalieri”, savoury sauce-soaked pasta with braised octopus and garlic and parsley crumble.
- Branzino Mediterraneo, pan-seared Mediterranean sea bass with potatoes, confit Datterino tomatoes, olive and lemon thyme.
- Maialino Sardo da Latte Croccante, Sardinian-style suckling pig with honey mustard sauce.
- And Baba Napoletano, Neopolitan sponge cake with Zacapa rum, berries and vanilla mascarpone cream.
In true Italian style, the tasting experience will conclude with pasticceria petit fours and a choice of either tea or coffee.
A La Carte Menu at The Dining Room by BluHouse
A discovery of chef Galeota’s skills honed at esteemed MICHELIN-starred kitchens across the world, signature plates at The Dining Room by BluHouse include:
- Il Peperone “Mbuttunato” (HK$298) with stuffed baby bell peppers, Burrata cheese, raisins, pine nuts and Tasmanian black truffle.
- Piedmont Milk-fed Veal Tartare (HK$388) with artichoke, buffalo ricotta, and “Pantelleria” capers.
- Cappelli Alla Genovese (HK$388) homemade veal “Cappelli” pasta with Montoro onion sauce, Provolone del Monaco cheese, and Tasmanian black truffle.
- La Fiorentina (HK$1,688 to share) 1.3KG T-bone Scottoma 30 days dry-aged beef with traditional Tuscan anchovy dip, fingerling potato and mountain mushrooms.
- And a dessert of Nocciole Del Piemonte E Cioccolato (HK$128) with chocolate and hazelnut semifreddo.
Please click here for the full The Dining Room by BluHouse tasting menus, available for dinner only.
Italian Focused Wine List at The Dining Room by BluHouse
Curated by Julien Peros, Rosewood Hong Kong’s Area Director of Wine, the wine list at The Dining Room by BluHouse covers all major regions from Italy with the goal of promoting the finest Italian wines from small estates to larger and well-known wineries. The list covers major wine-producing regions such as Piemonte and Tuscany and southern Italian wine-growing regions such as Campania, Puglia, Calabria and Sicily.
A dedicated and ever-evolving section on the wine menu features the “Museum Collection”, which focuses solely on “back vintages”, or wines that have gone through at least 15 years of bottle ageing. Another key feature of The Dining Room’s wine selection is the showcase of wines from Rosewood Hong Kong’s sister property, Castiglion del Bosco – a luxury Rosewood hotel and winery in Tuscany.
Cocktail Programme: A Revival of Classic Italian Aperitivos
Designed by the award-winning team of DarkSide Bar of Rosewood Hong Kong, from a Garibaldi to the Campari Shakerato, The Dining Room by BluHouse reimagines classic Italian aperitivo for the modern drinker. Simple yet sophisticated cocktails that are perfect for sipping during summer include the Negroni (HK$120) made with Widges gin, bitter Campari, and Mancino Rosso Vermouth, Bellini (HK$150) with homemade peach puree and bubbling Prosecco, and BluHouse Spritz (HK$120), created with BluHouse Amaro, Prosecco and Cedrata.
A dedicated section for “Vintage Cocktails” gives guests the chance to taste bottled Italian aperitive with classic, frozen-in-time recipes from their heyday in the ’80s. Bottled cocktails include 1980’s Aperol Spritz (HK$450) with Barbieri Aperol 1980s, Prosecco and soda water, 1980s Americano (HK$600) with Campari Bitter 1980s, Martini & Rossi Sweet, Red Vermouth and 1980’s Campari Shakerato (HK$650) with Campari Bitter 1980s shaken.
BluHouse’s Social Impact & Ethos
True to its Italian origins, BluHouse sees a genuine Italian culinary experience as a social experience that enables relationships and sharing across the community. Inspired by the concept “Business with purpose”, BluHouse is committed to co-creating neighbourhood resilience through donations, employment opportunities and impactful experiences for the underserved groups in the Tsim Sha Tsui neighbourhood. The restaurant will pledge 1% of its revenue towards supporting this mission.
The Dining Room by BluHouse Opening Hours
Tuesday to Sunday: 6:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Address: Rosewood Hong Kong, No. 18, Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 3891 8732
Read more culinary and dining news and reviews here.
You must be logged in to post a comment.