Following on from the launch two years ago of the first models in the HLC line, Neuchâtel watch brand HAUTLENCE launches the HLC06, an elegant rounded version, limited to 88 numbered pieces, which combines beauty and practicality while remaining true to the minimalist heritage of the very first line, the HL.
HAUTLENCE presents the rose gold HLC06, inspired by minimalist art and the famed maxim of architect Mies van der Rohe: “less is more”. A model stripped of all excesses; it features an opaline chocolate dial in an 18-carat rose gold case measuring 41 mm in diameter. Taking the time display principle from its first calibre, the HL, the house movement has been rebuilt around the jumping hour and retrograde minute, both set harmoniously over 180 degrees. Playing with the repetition of the circles, right down to the sectors on the minute display arc, the redesigned face of the HLC represents a knowing geometric allusion to the repetition of infinity.
A complex piece with a streamlined aesthetic, the HLC06 displays almost architectural features, such as the skeleton hour and minute surrounds and semi-opaque hour disc. The jumping hour and retrograde minute are driven by the ingenious HL patented mechanism, which combines the sliding movement of the snail feeler spindle’s retraction with a gold inertia block acting as an inertia wheel and providing the energy required for the disc to jump. This mechanism is driven from the crown which, in keeping with an ergonomic and aesthetic whole, is situated at the 40-minute position.
This 3rd in-house hand-wound mechanical calibre, with its Côtes de Genève and hand bevelling decorations on the bridges, sees HAUTLENCE consolidating its position amongst the leading watch brands and demonstrating its long-term vision.
Hautlence HLC06 Technical Specifications:
- MODEL NAME HLC 06 – rose gold
- MODEL SUMMARY HAUTLENCE HLC 06 in-house movement. Jumping hour, retrograde minute. Manual winding mechanical movement.
- DISPLAY Jumping hours, retrograde minutes.
- CALIBRE Movement description : Jumping hours, retrograde minutes with connecting rods system. Number of components : 207 Power reserve : 40h Regulation organ : 21’600 vibrations/hour Number of jewels : 24 Finishing : Traditional “Côtes de Genève” and hand angled bridges
- CASE Case: 18-karat rose 4N gold Finishing : polished Screwed lugs: 18-carat 4N rose gold Dimension: diameter : 41mm / thickness : 9 mm Glass: sapphire crystal with angled edges, multi layer anti reflecting treatment. Back: screwed sapphire case back with stamps and officials engraving: “HAUTLENCE” and “Horlogerie Suisse”. Crown: polished with HAUTLENCE logo: 18-karat 4N rose gold. Identification and numbering plate : HL C 06 – 01/88
- DIAL Base dial brown opalin with HAUTLENCE’s logo hand applied. Skeleton micro-machined hours & minutes dials, 4N gold. Jumping hour disc, semi-transparent: metallization made by a vapour deposition process to generate the concentric bands. Hands, laser-cut profile and polished 4N gold with superluminova arrow Connecting rods, hand angled and linear fine brushed and 4N gold plated.
- STRAP Brown hand sewn genuine Louisiana alligator strap with square scales. Interchangeability lugs. Buckle: pin or folding buckle, 18-karat 4N rose gold.
- WATER RESISTANCE 30 meters (3ATM)
- LIMITED EDITION 88 pieces
- PACKAGING Makassar ebony wood box containing :
Identification and numbering plate
Special leather travel box
Watchmakers magnifying glass
Warranty card (3 years)
- PRICE (TAXES INCLUDED) Pin buckle: CHF 57’000.- – Folding buckle: CHF 60’000.-