The Masters of Jewelled Timepieces, Backes & Strauss have announced it is to go into partnership with the English National Ballet.
This prestigeous partnership will involve a close collaboration between the two companies both in the UK and internationally. World renowned dancer and classi beauty, Tamara Rojo the current Prima Ballerina and the Artistic Director of the English National Ballet will become the ambassador for the very feminine Victoria collection.
“I am thrilled to be working so directly with a brand with a rich history and heritage and I can relate very easily to the Victoria collection which represents the grace, finesse and precision that is central to the world of ballet” stated Ms. Rojo.
Vartkess Knadjian CEO of Backes & Strauss added that as a company proud of its British heritage we are delighted to be associated with English National Ballet the quintessential British dance company that through its creativity broadened the appeal of Ballet throughout the world.
Tamara trained in Madrid at the Victor Ullate School, she is the Artistic Director of the English National Ballet as well as performing with the company as Prima Ballerina. Tamara has been repeatedly recognised for her artistic excellence and elegance. She won several ballet awards internationally which highlight her fantastic creativity.
The Victoria Collection is inspired by Backes & Strauss 19th Century jewellery designs from the company’s archive collection, notably the Victorian era and given a fresh and novel twist by the design team and brought to life by supreme craftsmen.
This quartet of stunning interlocking heart timepieces (Rose, Jonquil, Snowdrop and Sunflower) are crafted in 18kt white or rose gold and hand set with white and natural fancy diamonds surrounding a Mother of Pearl dial – our “Pièce de Résistance” at WPHH.
The Victoria Jonquil is named after a small scented daffodil famed for its true yellow colour, first recorded in 1789, the year Backes & Strauss was founded.
The Backes & Strauss Rose, Jonquil, Snowdrop and Sunflower pieces in more detail:
- The Victoria Rose: 212 hand set Natural Intense Pink Diamonds weighing 1.98 cts, surround a Rose Pink Mother of Pearl centre dial. 24 natural pink diamonds weighing .22 cts form a heart buckle. Total 240 diamonds weighing 2.22 cts
- The Victoria Jonquil: 212 hand set Natural Fancy Canary Yellow Diamonds weighing 2.16 cts, surround a Yellow Mother of Pearl Dial. 24 natural fancy yellow diamonds of .22 cts form a heart buckle. Total 240 diamonds weighing 2.436 cts
- The Victoria Snowdrop: 212 hand set White Ideal Cut Hearts & Arrows Diamonds weighing 1.89 cts surround a White Mother of Pearl dial. 24 natural white diamonds weighing .21 cts form a heart buckle. Total 240 diamonds weighing 2.12 cts
- The Victoria Sunflower: One row of 32 Natural Champagne diamonds 0.37cts are surrounded by interlocking hearts of 180 Natural Intense Canary Yellow Diamonds weighing 1.79cts with centre dial of brown or yellow Mother of Pearl. 24 natural fancy yellow diamonds weighing .25 cts form a heart buckle. Total 240 diamonds weighing 2.43 cts
- Size:18mm dial Ø, 35mm Ø incl interlocking Hearts Movement: Quartz Display: Hours & minutes
- Case:18 kt white or rose gold hand set with natural coloured diamonds
- Dial:Mother of Pearl centre dial hand set with 4 white diamond numerals weighing 0.02 cts
- Heart Buckle: 24 matching colour diamonds weighing are hand set into an 18kt white or rose gold heart buckle with a satin strap