To commemorate Jean Alesi’s participation to the Indianapolis 500-mile race, F.P. Journe have introduced the Octa Sport limited edition INDY 500 watch in Aluminium alloy, with blackened case and black rubber strap.
In commemoration of Jean Alesi’s participation to the emblematic INDY 500 race, F.P.Journe has created a Limited Series of 99 pieces, the Octa Sport Indy 500, numbered 501 to 599. Inspired by the Octa Sport, it is produced in high technology Aluminium alloy used in the Aeronautics. The black Aluminium case and black dial, with the F.P.Journe Invenit et Fecit signature, featuring the logos Indy 500, Lotus and Jean Alesi, reinforces its sportive aspect and places this Limited edition in the category of watches associated with car races.
A watch of an astounding lightness for absolute comfort as it only weights in its whole 53 grams. It is thought and conceived specifically for a sportive lifestyle, and coupled with an automatic movement of authentic high horology. The Octa Sport Indy 500 offers a 120 hours power and features central hour and minutes, small second at 5h00, power reserve at 10h30, day/night indication at 8h00 and a large date at 1h00.
F.P.Journe undertook long researches to find an ultra light and resistant material to receive this exceptional calibre; while maintaining the standards of high horology so specific to the F.P.Journe Manufacture. The F.P. Journe Octa Sport Indy 500 watch features the new all Aluminium alloy F.P.Journe movement reserved exclusively to the models of the lineSport. The brand also perfected different methods of processing in order to make the aluminium scratch resistant and give it anti-corrosive and antiallergic properties.
The Octa Sport Indy 500 Aluminum alloy movement still preserves the properties of all F.P. Journe Octa calibers, with a five day power reserve and a variable inertia balance wheel for an optimum yield and an irreproachable stability. Rubber inserts are fixed with an outstanding process to the sides of the case to efficiently protect the watch from any shocks, in line with bumpers of ancient automobiles. The crown and the folding clasp, engraved with the F.P.Journe signature, are also covered with a rubber coating.
F P Journe Octa Sport Indy 500 watch specifications:
- Movement: Automatic Calibre FPJ 1300-3, Unidirectional automatic winding, Movement in aluminium alloy.
- Dimensions of the movement: Overall diameter: 30.80 mm, Casing-up diameter: 30.40 mm, Overall height: 5.70 mm, Height of winding stem: 3.00 mm, Diameter of stem thread: S0.90 mm.
- Balance: Four adjustable inertia weights, Anachron free-sprung flat balance spring, Mobile stud holder, Free Sprung, Nivatronic laser soldered balance spring, Pinned GE stud, Frequency : 21’600 Alt/h, 3 Hz, Inertia : 10.10 mg/cm2, Angle of lift : 52°, Amplitude : 0 h dial up : > 300°, 24 h dial up : > 280°.
- Main characteristics: Three position crown: Winding of the watch in position 0, clock wise, Correction of date in position 1, anti clockwise Correction of time in position 2, Instant jump calendar, Off centre winding rotor in Titanium with Tungsten segment, Barrel with slipping spring Escapement 15 tooth.
- Indications: Centred hours and minutes, Small second at 6h00, Day/Night indication at 9h00, Power reserve at 10h30, Large date at 1h00
- Autonomy: 120+/- 12 hours, Winding Speed on watch winder: 274 rotations / 24 hours
- Decoration: Circular Côtes de Genève on bridges, Partly circular graining on baseplate, Polished screw heads with chamfered slots, Chamfered and circular grained wheels, Steel components hand polished and chamfered
- Case: Blackened Aluminium alloy with rubber inserts, Diameter: 42.00mm / Total height: 11.60mm
- Dial: Blackened Aluminium alloy and sapphire, Superluminova hands, Superluminova appliqué indexes, 12 luminescent points
- Number of parts: Movement without dial 286, Cased up with Aluminium bracelet 510, Cased up with rubber strap 354, Jewels 40, Rubber 72
- Weight: Total weight 53 g, Movement alone 11 g, Sapphire glass sub dial 2 g