Hasselblad, the Swedish-based manufacturer of high quality photo technology for more than 50 years and Luxurious Magazine’s Global Partner, has funded one of the most prestigious photography competitions in the world.
The Hasselblad Masters photography contest honors established top photographers and outstanding photography artists. The main mission for Hasselblad is to develop the finest capture devices available on the market and the Masters volumes are the perfect way to illustrate the incredible and outstanding camera craft of an elite of highly gifted and talented photographers.
In 2014, the focus is on the theme “Evolve” and the twelve winning photographers presented their stunning images in this representative anthology.
The 2014 Hasselblad Masters Awards winners are:
- Architectural: Martin Schubert, Denmark
- Editorial: António Pedrosa, Portugal
- Fashion/Beauty: Bára Prášilová, Czech Republic
- Fine Art: Rafal Maleszyk, USA
- General: Roman Jehanno, France
- Landscapes/Nature: Hengki Koentjoro, Indonesia
- Portrait: Dmitry Ageev, Russian Federation
- Products: Bryn Griffiths, United Kingdom
- Project//21: Paul Gisbrecht, Germany
- Underwater: Chris Straley, USA
- Wedding/Social: Joseph Goh Meng Huat, Singapore
- Wildlife: Rafaek Rojas, Switzerland
These twelve photographers were selected from nearly 4,000 applicants not only for ambition, imagination and technical photographic skills but also for the ability to portray emotions.
For the first time, in addition to the established categories such as architecture, fashion and portraits, Hasselblad decided to include underwater photography with impressive results.
Hasselblad Masters Volume 4 Evolve is going to be published by teNeues in September 2014, while the winning images will be displayed at exhibitions around the world and honored with a trophy presentation at Photokina Fair in Cologne, Germany, in September 2014.
To see all the winning images and for more info visit http://www.hasselblad.com/masters-2014–.aspx
By Simone Zeffiro