Japan Airlines (JAL) have launched JAL New Sky Project, a thorough revamp of its in-flight products and services on international routes under a collective theme “Welcome! JAL New Sky”.
As an initial phase of this Project, JAL will introduce a sweeping change to the seat designs in every cabin class onboard 13 of its Boeing 777-300ER aircraft named [JAL Sky Suite 777]*1, deploying it first on the airline’s daily Narita=London (Heathrow) route from January 2013, and progressively expanding the new revamp onto other European and North American routes such as on the Narita=New York (John F. Kennedy) service. In addition to raising the notches one class above for all four cabin services, through the significant improvements in spaciousness and functionality of the seats, JAL will also be extending extra amenities and comfort such as fitting TOTO Washlets*2 in First and Business Class lavatories and providing innovative airweave® mattress pads and pillows on request in Business Class.
In this comprehensive overall renewal, JAL will also be introducing delightful new menus onboard flights to Europe, North America, Australia and South East Asia to create the ambience of an exclusive restaurant in the sky. A dream team of four Japanese star chefs were brought together to design JAL’s First and Business Class menus using only the freshest and finest-ingredients. Named JAL Bedd to represent the comforts of the full flat beds and also to stand for ‘Dine’, ‘Delicious’ and ‘Dreams’, this new top-class service in First and Business offers the unique experience of a satisfying repast and repose in-flight.
In the new JAL Kitchen Gallery, Premium Economy and Economy Class customers will enjoy a wide range of seasonal delicacies from throughout Japan as well as JAL’s popular “AIR Series” of innovative meals created in collaboration with well-known Japanese restaurants. JAL New Sky Project has been created with the guidance of frequent traveler and award-winning Japanese author and screenwriter Kundo Koyama, who provided invaluable insights and opinions from a customer’s perspective.
“JAL is now standing at a new beginning and we have been able to come this far solely with your support and understanding,” said Japan Airlines President Yoshiharu Ueki at an event in Tokyo today to unveil the airline’s very latest in-flight seats and services. “In expression of our deepest gratitude, and in pursuing the promise stated in our current Mid-Term Plan, we hope to bring our customers a totally refreshing onboard experience like no other, with Welcome! JAL New Sky.”
Seat Name: JAL SUITE
- Configuration: 1-2-1 (8 seats)
- Bed length: Approx.: 199 cm (78.5 inch)
- Max. Bed width: Approx.: 84 cm (33 inch)
- TV screen size: 23 inch
- Excellent functionality that also provides a sense of luxury in one of the largest First Class spaces available in the skies today.
- Personal TV screens are enlarged 20% from 19 to 23 inches.
- Refine woodgrain finishing that evokes an ambience similar to that of a personal study or bedroom.
- Newly-introduced liquid-crystal (LCD) touch-panel hand-held controller
- Tempur® bedding for a deeply relaxing sleep
Seat Name: JAL SKY SUITE
- Configuration: 2-3-2 (49 seats)
- Max. Bed length: Approx.: 188 cm (74 inch)
- Max. Bed width: Approx.: 65 cm (25.5 inch)
- Width at base: Approx.: 53 cm (21 inch)
- TV screen size: 23 inch
- A highly-private space with plenty of legroom, furnished with a fully flat bed and a host of first-class amenities and functionalities.
- Unobstructed aisle access for every seat.
- A new standard in Business Class, JAL is providing (on request) innovative sleep gear from Weava Japan Inc. Made by weaving very fine fiber resin, the airweave S-LINE Mattress and airweave Pillow S-LINE firmly supports the bodyto ensure quality share and ess Class, d to fulfill our promise of rants in line to ensure a sound and quality sleep.
- 23-inch personal TV screens that are almost 50% larger than current JAL SHELL FLAT NEO seats and one of the widest in its class in the airline industry today.
- Large swivel table for more flexibility in movement and ample storage space for various items.
- Newly-introduced liquid-crystal (LCD) touch-panel hand-held controller.