As staying in with a movie continues to be the new going out popcorn is fast becoming the number one snack of choice, and the British Gourmet popcorn brand, Popcorn Shed is reaping the benefits.
Popcorn Shed, the award-winning gourmet popcorn brand, who normally sells through retailers such as Harrods, Selfridges, Waitrose, Ocado and others has seen its retail business grow by 250% since lockdown. Its website has been inundated with orders for its gourmet flavoured popcorn that includes delicious and exciting flavours that are all vegetarian and gluten-free including:
- Salted Caramel – Sea Salted Caramel with Belgian Milk Chocolate (Great Taste award-winning 2017).
- Say Cheese! – Cheddar Cheese Popcorn (Great Taste award-winning 2018).
- Sweet Cheesus – A mix of Cheddar Cheese and caramel.
- Goats Cheese – Goats Cheese with cracked black pepper.
- Berry-licious – Raspberry and Dark Chocolate Popcorn (Great Taste award-winning 2018).
- Butterly Nuts – Peanut Butter Caramel Popcorn with Roasted Peanut Halves.
- Pop N Choc – Chocolate Caramel Popcorn with Belgian Milk Chocolate.
- Pecan Pie – Caramel Popcorn with Roasted Pecan Pieces.
- Cherry Bakewell – Caramel almond popcorn with real cherry pieces. Based on the famous Bakewell Tart, a classic English dessert.
- Vegan Caramel – A rich butterscotch caramel popcorn made with coconut oil. You wouldn’t even know that there’s no dairy!
“Customers love popcorn, and with all the movie nights in, for the time being, our products are a great snack”. Says Laura Jackson, Director of Popcorn Shed.
Popcorn Shed’s recently launched the first in Europe range of vegan popcorn. Its Mini Pop! Range is keeping the nation satisfied with its smaller bags of low calorie, tasty, vegan gourmet snacks.
While many small businesses are facing unprecedented challenges, the popcorn sector is growing at an unprecedented rate. Business at the Popcorn Shed is thriving at the multi-award winning gourmet popcorn brand as the country swaps nights out for nights in front of the TV.
Quick thinking by the team at Popcorn Shed has seen an incredible increase in business since lockdown, with B2C sales up 250% since March, and according to Stackline’s Top 100 Fastest-Growing & Declining Categories in E-commerce Popcorn is one of the top 30 fastest-growing categories.
Until lockdown, most of Popcorn Shed’s business was wholesale, B2B and direct to cinemas, shops, distributors etc. Almost overnight, this revenue stream went quiet as traditional B2B customers closed their doors. The Popcorn Shed team quickly pivoted when they saw an opportunity to increase its online sales and launched a digital marketing campaign to spread the word about its Popcorn Shed and its vegan Mini Pop! Gourmet flavoured popcorn range.
As a result, the brand has seen its online sales grow 250% month on month from March to April 2020, and they are up 1200% from April 2019 to April 2020 (month on month comparison).
Since its launch in 2016, multi-award winning gourmet popcorn brand, Popcorn Shed has gone from humble beginnings in a garden shed to supplying top retailers including Harrods, Selfridges, etc. and exporting to over 20 countries worldwide.
Popcorn Shed – Where and how?
Popcorn Shed was launched by cousins Laura Jackson and Sam Feller, who both gave up high-flying city jobs to pursue their passion for baking and creating, something they’ve been doing together since they were old enough to reach the Magimix, the entrepreneurial co-founders bravely ditched secure, high-paying careers to fulfil their passion for creating delicious gourmet popcorn. You can discover more, including all their current range and manufacturing details at their website www.popcornshed.com.
Read more food-related articles in our dedicated section here.