The Fine Wine Experience is regarded by many as Hong Kong’s leading wine retailer and events space, and they’ve just announced some news that is sure to thrill local fans of fine wine.
Starting from 29th April 2021, The Fine Wine Experience will be hosting a series of experiential wine events and masterclasses that will take place every Thursday (except public holidays) anytime between 5 pm-8 pm at its K11 MUSEA location.
The experiences have been designed for passionate wine lovers and offer the chance to taste top wines from all around the world.
The private wine classes explore fascinating topics in the world of fine wines, from the emergence of Super Tuscans in the early 1970s to a deep dive into particular wine varieties such as the highly adaptable Chenin Blanc from Loire Valley and the French Syrah from Rhone Valley.
On 8th May and 29th May, The Fine Wine Experience will host special Saturday sessions from 2 pm-3:30 pm, with topics spanning the most renowned regions and producers of Pinot Noir in the U.S., to understanding the highest and most reputed classification of a vineyard – the Grand Cru.
29th April 2021: Sine Qua Non – what does it mean to be a wine one can’t live without?
- 2013 Sine Qua Non – Female Grenache
- 2013 Sine Qua Non – Male Syrah
- 2004 Sine Qua Non – Poker Face Syrah
Price: HK$1,080 per set
6th May 2021: What’s a Super Tuscan?
- 1995 Tenuta dell’Ornellaia – Masseto
- 2015 Tenuta dell’Ornellaia – Ornellaia
- 2008 Marchesi Antinori – Tignanello
Price: HK$820 per set
8th May 2021 (SATURDAY) – Explore the top U.S. regions and producers for Pinot Noir
- 2017 Lucunda Russian River Valley Pinot Noir
- 2014 Caballus Pinot Noir Willamette Valley
- 2014 Kosta Browne Gap’s Crown Pinot Noir
- 2014 Rhys Vineyards Alpine Vineyard Pinot Noir
- 2009 Sea Smoke Southing Pinot Noir
- 2000 Marcassin Estate Blue Slide Ridge Vineyard Pinot Noir
Price: HK$1,100 per person
13th May 2021: The Loire Valley’s jewel that ages with elegance – Chenin Blanc
- 2017 Domaine Arnaud Lambert – Saumur Blanc Brézé ‘Clos David’
- 1953 Domaine Huet – Vouvray Le Mont Moelleux Première Trie
- 1973 Domaine des Baumard – Quarts de Chaume
Price: HK$520 per set
20th May 2021: Established and emerging regions
- 2006 Alvaro Palacios – L’Ermita
- 2004 Benjamin Romeo – La Cueva del Contador
- 2017 Forjas del Salnés – Goliardo Caiño
Price: HK$600 per set
27th May 2021: Syrah from the Rhone Valley – France or Switzerland – which do you prefer?
- 2013 Jean-René Germanier – Cayas Reserve Syrah
- 2015 Maison Paul Jaboulet Aîné – Hermitage ‘La Chapelle’
- 1998 Domaine J.L. Chave – Hermitage
Price: HK$660 per set
29th May 2021 (SATURDAY): Burgundy 101 Session: What’s in a Grand Cru?
- 2018 Domaine Paul Pernot Bienvenues-Bâtard-Montrachet Grand Cru
- 2017 Hospices de Beaune / Etienne de Montille Corton Blanc Grand Cru Cuvée Docteur Peste
- 2017 Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé Bonnes-Mares Grand Cru
- 2014 Domaine Perrot-Minot Chapelle-Chambertin Grand Cru
- 2015 Philippe Pacalet Echezeaux Grand Cru
- 2011 Domaine Lignier-Michelot Clos de la Roche Grand Cru
Ticket: HK$2,100 per person
The Fine Wine Experience K11 MUSEA
The Fine Wine Experience’s Kowloon outlet is a beautifully designed lounge and shop and follows K11 MUSEA’s ‘modern elevated lifestyle’ approach. It can be found on the 6th floor, at shop 606, and is situated amongst restaurants and art galleries. It provides seating for 22 guests, including an 8-seater private room and an alfresco terrace.
It is the perfect place to wind down with friends over a glass of wine and a platter of snacks after work, before and after dinner, or even a break after shopping, all whilst enjoying the unique view of the Hong Kong Island skyline from the harbour’s edge.
The Fine Wine Experience boasts an impressive line-up of coveted bottles that cover famous wine regions and terroirs worldwide. Guests visiting the K11 MUSEA lounge can enjoy fine wines by the glass or bottle at retail prices, saving up to 75% compared to similar lounges.
Moreover, the list is broad in range, and deep in vintages, with a solid focus on Domaine-produced Burgundy wines, fine Bordeaux châteaux, and leading estates from around the world – Domaine de la Romanée-Conti, Château Pétrus, Screaming Eagle, Biondi-Santi, and more.
The Fine Wine Experience in K11 MUSEA is open from 12 pm to 10 pm (and 12 midnight when Hong Kong restrictions are lifted), seven days a week.
For more information on the events and entry fees, please visit www.finewineexperience.com.
Read more wine-focused articles here.